Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monocogs Riders: I want to hear your war stories(rocks, drops, jumps, bumps &spills)

Do you ride a Redline Monocog?If so tell me about how it got you over or throughwhat ever it was. Tell me about rocks, drops, jumps, bumps &spills? (Whats your story?)
I want to hear your war stories...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is 4 Phishin Paul

Yea yea pedal your butt off, what ever smart azz. What about the impossible you made possible. Tell me about that gnarly trail you went to last week and dropped off that 4ft ridge or the large rock you rolled over. What type of terrain are you blazzin through?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My Monocog 29er and I can go up, down, and over pretty much anything. It has been able to tackle everything that I was able to conquer on my other 26" wheel bikes (Giant XTC hardtail and Giant Anthem 2 full suspension). As a bonus feature, it even crashes the same as my other bikes...the only difference is there is less crap to break on the Monocog. :thumbsup:

As far as riding goes, I quickly learned the advantages of approaching hills with more speed to utilize your momentum to help climb more difficult hills. The full rigid does beat you up a bit so the bike also educated me on picking better lines and adjusting my riding position/style (in other words...you learn the advantages of a "looser" riding style).

The only negative thing I have to say about the bike is the stock Redline seat sucks...otherwise this bike is just about perfect. Having this much fun on a bike this cheap should be illegal.

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
2,033 Posts
big ro said:
longhaultrucker: My old bike was a spec. hardrock 26" it handled roots ok, but a mixture of mud + roots = game over. Does your 29er do good on muddy trails?
It does better than my 26ers,but the Nanoraptors,I've noticed,are a limiting factor...better,but not to the larger wheels full potential,if that makes sense.Next non-cold season,I'll probly try a more aggressive tire:thumbsup:

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
big ro said:
Yea yea pedal your butt off, what ever smart azz. What about the impossible you made possible. Tell me about that gnarly trail you went to last week and dropped off that 4ft ridge or the large rock you rolled over. What type of terrain are you blazzin through?
My apologies big ro. The last couple of weeks I rode at Clinton Lake and the River Trails. Mostly flow like with some rock and root. Nothing the MC couldn't handle. Are you compiling info for a Hornet school report or something?

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Someone say something about spills on a monocog? Fortunately I've started documenting crashes in case I ever want to sue myself for abuse. This is from my worst crash on the monocog, after the gnarly downhill and the rocky drop and before the hard switchbacks, on a kind of non-descript section of trail.

Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure which hurt more, this spill or the first four months getting re-acquainted with a rigid fork.

-slide

p.s. Hey Baycat, you reading this? This is from the ride you and I did with Derelict and Plim. I still say the weight of Plim's BB tool in my pack was the cause.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.