Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i destroyed my crank at the frame yesterday.so i need a new crank for my 2003 redline monocog.i have no idea what to get or where to buy it.do i need to buy a new chainring and chain too?i am going to buy a chromo crank as i am a big boy.what size should i get 180mm?should i get a bigger chain ring with more teeth?who sells or makes the best cranksets?thanks for your time and help./

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
how big a boy are you and how tall? (if over 6', i'd go with 180's)
did the crank crack at the spline interface or?

only you can say if you need a new chainring and one w/ more teeth. if you're current chainring is worn (ie sharktooth look, broken teeth, etc) get a new one. more teeth will give you a taller gear (harder to pedal, but faster) depends on if you liked the current setup.

new chain needed if it's stretched, check the parktool.com site for info on that.

check out truvativ husselfelts and raceface downhill type of cranks, & mayb azonic steel ones (454's?)

gelst said:
okay i destroyed my crank at the frame yesterday.so i need a new crank for my 2003 redline monocog.i have no idea what to get or where to buy it.do i need to buy a new chainring and chain too?i am going to buy a chromo crank as i am a big boy.what size should i get 180mm?should i get a bigger chain ring with more teeth?who sells or makes the best cranksets?thanks for your time and help./

1 - 2 of 2 Posts