Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i snapped off the head of the tensioner bolt on my monocog flight today. i didnt get the frame at a lbs, so before i start asking for spare parts at random bike shops, i thought somebody might know how i can track one down online.

anybody know where can i get a spare? would a hardware story carry a suitable replacement screw?

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
snowdenn said:
i snapped off the head of the tensioner bolt on my monocog flight today. i didnt get the frame at a lbs, so before i start asking for spare parts at random bike shops, i thought somebody might know how i can track one down online.

anybody know where can i get a spare? would a hardware story carry a suitable replacement screw?
Any bolt supplier should have that: I believe it's a metric 6mm x 1.5mm thread by the length you need. Common bolt! Bring the bolt and hold it next to the replacement bolt if the threads mesh together you have to correct thread .
Your LBS might have one and it would be a great opportunity to visit them! If they carry Redline they could order you the chain tentioner complete just incase you screwed the threads up. Motorcycle shops also use the same bolts!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NEPMTBA said:
Any bolt supplier should have that: I believe it's a metric 6mm x 1.5mm thread by the length you need. Common bolt! Bring the bolt and hold it next to the replacement bolt if the threads mesh together you have to correct thread .
Your LBS might have one and it would be a great opportunity to visit them! If they carry Redline they could order you the chain tentioner complete just incase you screwed the threads up. Motorcycle shops also use the same bolts!

thanks, i was too late today for my lbs, they were closed already, but i went down to the local home depot and found suitable replacements. much easier than having to order them if the bike shop didnt have any handy. thanks again for the advice.

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
6mm X 1.0 bolts (and nuts) are whatcha need.

Rattled both my slider bolts loose (and lost) over the weekend.

Also picked up some locktight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.