Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
futonrvltnst said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if the new alu Redline Monocog Flights are still spaced 110mm in the rear? I know they are disc-compatible, so maybe they are now 135mm?

Thanks!

Colin
Don't fear the BMX spacing. You can get King hubs and the unbeatable, fastest, smothest, rolling Crupi hubs. Remember the BMX industry has been around alot longer than MTB has. Just my opionion, but i've always considered parts in the BMX industry to be of super high quality, and slightly less expensive.

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
these cheapo Redline hubs are known for being crap. ask the mechanics at a Redline dealer. They need constant attention. I have an 04 steel Monocog that I use for commuting.

Look for the KORE disc 110mm hubs (i've never seen any for sale), or maybe you'll get lucky with a BMX flip-flop and a rotor adapter.

-r

Shon said:
Yes, it is, and redline makes a disc ready hub but don't sell them seperately right now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
rpet said:
these cheapo Redline hubs are known for being crap. ask the mechanics at a Redline dealer. They need constant attention. I have an 04 steel Monocog that I use for commuting.

Look for the KORE disc 110mm hubs (i've never seen any for sale), or maybe you'll get lucky with a BMX flip-flop and a rotor adapter.

-r
All you need is a BMX flip flop hub.

The redline hubs are definately not top notch, they are very servicable though. Some of the other things that I didn't like about the monocog are the 175 mm cranks on the Large(would have prefered 180's), and the cheapo headset. But hey it's under $500, and it's disk compatable. It's also my most favored bike right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts