Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been riding a rig since '09 and the boss gave a green light to help with my bike addiction. I have been lusting after a Swift for awhile but the I caught a glimpse of the black Flight and it's stuck in my dreams now too.

I know I want steel and rigid.... does anyone have time of both of these bikes? The EBB has not been a problem for me with the rig and I'm a 225lb power lifter so I'm not concerned with the Swifts Phil wood.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
small member
610 Posts
I did demo a swift for one day and liked it very much... but at the time it was too expensive for me.Some time later I got a great deal on a Moncog Flight frameset (frame and fork) and bought it. I'm very satisfied with it. So I don't regret the swift.

But both are pretty close in my eyes and I'd say you can't go wrong with either.
Choose according to the color you prefer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CB2 said:
Swift and MC Flight are two different consumer experiences.
The Swift you get a great frame and fork and get to choose what components you want.
The Monocog Flight you a complete package for a good deal less than you can build the Swift up for (unless you have a decent parts bin).
I have the parts to build up a swift frame proper, and would strip the Flight down if I went that direction. I just really want a nice steal, rigid SS and am having trouble pulling the trigger on the Swift.

·
3,707 Posts
Just do it already, Mary!!! As much as I like Redline products, I'd definitely jump at the chance to get a Singular.

And not to make this more complicated, but I just built up a Salsa El Mariachi and our courtship has been magical so far. I think you should definitely consider this frame as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.