Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all:

Can those of you who have or are currently running a non-stock fork on their RLMC29er please post your experiences and opinions? I'm interested in your results, particularly in the carbon and Ti areas.

EDIT: Also, please specify your brake set-up and whether or not you're running stock hubs. Thanks!

Thanks!

-pete

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Surly KM fork, making for quick hardling (4mm more offset, 6mm shorter). I have the MC fork on the KM bike. For my flat and twisty trails, the KM fork makes the MC nice and nimble. Possibly a bit softer, hard to tell as the MC fork sits in a different bike used for dfferent (rare commute) riding.
Want to buy a fork that weighs the same as the bike?

KM forks feel good with discs, I run mine with V's currently, own 3, use 2. Good for cost/weight.

Also consider a Flight fork if you can find it. Disc-only if you like that, more offset thus will make the bike as twitchy as an On-One. If you're into that. Keep in mind the MC fork is 474mm.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The Salsa fork rocks on the MC :thumbsup: It's disc only and I'm running Avid BB7's and a Bontrager hub.

The Kona P2 29er fork looks like another great option for a good price. I have a 26" KP2 fork and it's very nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.