Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I like endos
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 MC 29er 19" (green one) pimped out and set up for more serious offroad riding, with high end parts, mary bar, sst saddle, etc. I love it, so nobody try to talk me out of thinking it is a sweet bike. Am needing a commuter/all-round bike and thinking of building up another (brown one) with midge bars, big apple slicks, and a big gearing, like 38x14 or 36x13 or something. With tire/cog changes it could do lighter offroad duty (don't like drops for really intense offroad stuff though) as well as cyclocross racing and touring. Oh, yeah, and it'd be really inexpensive, plus fun to build and, I think, fun to ride/race. Any thoughts at all before I pull the trigger? I'm waffling between the 17" and the 19" b/c of the drops. Thoughts? I'm 6'1"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why not make the MC the commuter and get a pimp frame to match your pimp parts, btw I have a MC and loved it, loved because now I have an On-One inbred and the MC just doesn't feel as dialed as the Inbred (probably because the MC was completly stock, and the Inbred was built from the ground up). It is hard to beat the MC as far is price is concerned, but wouldn't having a different frame be nice?

·
I like endos
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's more of a money issue

nor.cal said:
Why not make the MC the commuter and get a pimp frame to match your pimp parts, btw I have a MC and loved it, loved because now I have an On-One inbred and the MC just doesn't feel as dialed as the Inbred (probably because the MC was completly stock, and the Inbred was built from the ground up). It is hard to beat the MC as far is price is concerned, but wouldn't having a different frame be nice?
than anything else. Plus, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
I like endos
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
leaning toward 19"

ionsmuse said:
How long a stem you got on the 19"? If it's shortish, I'd go 17"; drops and stem will add more reach that's hard to get back.
I've run a 105mm stem with a layback post on the 19". I think I may go with the 19" and do a straight post with 80mm stem/WTB drops. I think the 17" would just be a little small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.