Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2009 Monocog 29er that I bought on impulse last summer. Love it other than the uphills are hard on my knees. I have found a tensioner/hanger for the rear derailer. I need to get a rear wheel for it. Want a hub that will take 9 speeds. I have searched, but the options are just limitless. I need help deciding on components. I weigh 180 currently, hope to get down to 165 or so. I am not hard on wheel, parts or frames. Doesn't need to be the lightest or the blingiest. Want solid performance and not too heavy. Will eventually transfer everything to an MCR or Bandersnatch. What rear hub, rim and derailer would you all recommend.
Thanks, MikeB

·
Feeling retro..but Jung
223 Posts
I used Hone (both hubs and derailleur 25 euro) stuff off ebay...derailleur is axle mounted like saint. Had the hubs laced to my existing rims (110euro) with DT competition spokes and brass nipples. 100 or so miles the hubs finally broke in and I couldn't be more pleased..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Germany_chris said:
I used Hone (both hubs and derailleur 25 euro) stuff off ebay...derailleur is axle mounted like saint. Had the hubs laced to my existing rims (110euro) with DT competition spokes and brass nipples. 100 or so miles the hubs finally broke in and I couldn't be more pleased..
pics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.