Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm picking up a tora 318 from a g2 fisher cobia (high offset fork)...

i'm going to play around with which bike to put it on (redline and the monkey)... i know that on the early KM's there is downtube clearance problems... will I have any problems with it being that it's the high offset? if so will the 5mm Chris king spacer do the trick?

hope to get the fork with in a week or so so no real rush on info but figured you guys would know
thanks
mark

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
I think the Tora's got a fairly low profile knob. I had a 130mm for a while in 2006 on my 5x5 bike.

I don't think it'll mess with the handling much at all, little faster, but cancelled by the higher AtoC.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i'm limited to 100mm which is what I plan to run... will try the 80mm 1st but if it's to quick for me i'll dial it up to 100mm... if i still don't like it there is always the redline i can use it on...

so hopefuly it'll fit on the monkey... we'll see

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it on there... it JUST fits (king headset)... the rebound knob hit depending on what angle i had it at... removed and no more problem, i put it back on but rotated it around so that if it does hit while the fork is locked out it rotates and just pushes it around to un-lock... i'll run it this way but a +5mm race is in the plans just for a little more room between there.

haven't ridden it except a bit around the yard but no trail time yet... should be intresting to see how the 80mm g2 fork is on the quick handeling KM :)... i'll prob end up running 100mm but we'll see...

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok pics before and after... it's an ugly monkey... but it's mine :)...

sorry some pics are blury... i think my 4y/o got his fingers over the lens again... seems i'm always cleaning that thing...

the fork JUST clears... common problem with the old style KM was built around an older generation of fork... had to rotate the knob so the lock notch is UP... so if it's locked it'll push it to unlock instead of dinging the tube... if i remove it it clears but then it's not easy to turn then... i'll put a +5mm race on it when i get a chance for a tad more clearance...

thanks mark for getting it on there nice n quick :)
can't wait to get out to the trail...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.