Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few other posts on the topic but wasn't able to get a size determination from them. I'm 5'10" with a 33" (bare feet) inseam and normally ride around a 23" TT MTB. I have a 54cm cross check that's a touch too small... could have gotten the 56 but it's still OK. Any advice between the M and L Monkey for someone my size?
Thanks!

·
( )
755 Posts
l-dub1 said:
I've seen a few other posts on the topic but wasn't able to get a size determination from them. I'm 5'10" with a 33" (bare feet) inseam and normally ride around a 23" TT MTB. I have a 54cm cross check that's a touch too small... could have gotten the 56 but it's still OK. Any advice between the M and L Monkey for someone my size?
Thanks!

Sounds like a medium would be good for you.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Medium's the message

6 feet half an inch with 34 inch inseam here. I usually take a large (19" or so) bike but the demo I did confirmed to me when the time comes, I'm getting a medium.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah, medium. Keep in mind that Surly measures frame size to the top of the top tube, not the top of the seat tube. So you can add on almost 1 1/2" to the frame size. I realize that top tube length is more important in sizing a bike, but knowing about that axtra 1 1/2" was useful info when I bought my Monkey frame.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A medium it will be!

Thanks everyone for the help. Now... to try and get a hold of a brown medium frame! :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
l-dub1 said:
Thanks everyone for the help. Now... to try and get a hold of a brown medium frame! :D
You can always just buy what ever color youcan find, then buy a sticker kit and paint it the color you really want!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts