Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thank you all for your comments.

These two are pretty much the same price. Which one would you recommend for a first time fattie rider.

Thanks
I have a GMBC (Comp) that I've had going on two years I think. This thing gets ridden hard and it is holding up like a champ. No experience with the Vinson, but won't really say anything bad about the GBM(*) series given my experience. I thought I had a bad rear hub, but it actually turned out to be excessive chain whip/rub on the chainstay. Once I fixed that all up, pure $$!

I use it as my loaner and here is a shot of it on just another day of abuse and smiles!

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Did you make any upgrades or you do ride it stock?
Rode stock for a few months, then changed the tires to Maxxis Minions DHF/DHR combo. Added a cheap dropper post. Changed the grips to Wolf Tooth Fat Paws, and a larger cassette in back / new chain to give it a little better climbing capability as the typical terrain around here includes steep punchy climbs. So yeah added prob $300-$400 over the course of the last two years but I would call every one of those upgrades truly "optional". Nothing on the stock side was out of whack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s such a mind f.... every time I’m ready to pull the trigger I read another review or find another comment either positive or negative about the gravity or other brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.