Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, i was wondering if the mongoose tech 4 was a solid bike.i can get a pretty good deal on it. I am pretty new to mountain biking and i am looking for a solid bike that will start me off. it has a mozo groove m front fork, a disc brake in teh front and a v brake in the back. i cant seem to find any information on the internet about it.

thanks

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
coupla thoughts

hyneso said:
hey guys, i was wondering if the mongoose tech 4 was a solid bike.i can get a pretty good deal on it. I am pretty new to mountain biking and i am looking for a solid bike that will start me off. it has a mozo groove m front fork, a disc brake in the front and a v brake in the back. i cant seem to find any information on the INTERNET about it.

You can't find any info because you didn't type in the word Google & the bike name. :rolleyes:

Go to beginners forum and read up on dept store bikes...it's the very 1st post.

Jim

·
Registered
454 Posts
Look before you leap....

What price is the bike? I bought my wife a Mongoose a few years back and it's a piece of junk but she likes it. For an extra hundred if you shop around you can generally find a much better bike component wise. I would look for leftover 05's in a bike shop where you can get real service and NOT support the big box department stores that undermine the bike shops and then can't support the sale. My .02 is to look around a bit more, learn from this forum and make a well informed decision.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I just did an internet search on the bike - you're better off spending your money on an entry level 2005 hardtail (no rear suspension) on end of year sale at a bike shop for $300 to $400. Like Jim C. stated, this topic is covered in the beginner's forum in the department store bike thread on the very top. Read it.

ant

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
hyneso said:
hey guys, i was wondering if the mongoose tech 4 was a solid bike.i can get a pretty good deal on it. I am pretty new to mountain biking and i am looking for a solid bike that will start me off. it has a mozo groove m front fork, a disc brake in teh front and a v brake in the back. i cant seem to find any information on the internet about it.

thanks
Info I found on the web on the Mongoose Tech 4 lists it with a RockShox Judy J1 fork, no disc brakes. List price is $599, but everyone has them for $350--Sports Authority, Dick's, etc. I would recommend staying away from it. Go to a reputable bike shop where you will get service along with the bike. You'll get a bike professionally assembled, and usually at least one year free tune-ups. Some bike shops sell the Mongoose Pro line if you want to stick with Mongoose. You'll be much happier with the bike in the long run, even if you end up with one without the rear suspension. A suggestion if you want a decent full suspension for a low price: the '05 Giant Warp can be found for less than $500 and would be a much better bike than the Mongoose Tech 4.

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
hyneso said:

thanks
i bought my wife a Specialized hardrock comp disc( second from top of the line hardorck) for 600 CAD brandnew taxes in, free tune ups forever, and its three times the bike that you want to buy.... go to a LBS for a bike... well worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.