Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was curious if anyone has ridden the new Mongoose Black Diamond Triple? I have found one I can get a great deal on and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this bike. I know it is new, but the parts spec seems pretty nice and even though its a Mongoose, it looks pretty solid. Any comments or info would be appreciated! Thanx

·
Registered
649 Posts
I was wondering the same thing!!
Looks to be pretty good value for money and as you said it has a good spec, but maybe cos its a Mongoose it isn't cool at all.
I remember the days when everyone wanted to have a Mongoose, they were the schizzle when i was a kid!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, that was my only concern, was the fact that its a Mongoose, but I feel like if they are going to try to get into the serious free ride market, they wouldnt make a piece of crap. I figure the name running down the downtube will steer people away, but I am still contemplating getting one.If I do i'll fill everyone in on its performance. I guess if the frame is junk, I could always put the components on something tight :) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cdawg98 said:
Yea, that was my only concern, was the fact that its a Mongoose, but I feel like if they are going to try to get into the serious free ride market, they wouldnt make a piece of crap. I figure the name running down the downtube will steer people away, but I am still contemplating getting one.If I do i'll fill everyone in on its performance. I guess if the frame is junk, I could always put the components on something tight :) .
I say go for it, all of the components are top quality. Like you said, if the frame is junk, transfer it all because the rest is good.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Check out last month's Decline magazine; they gave it a very favorable review. IMHO, they tend to know what they are talking about in their reviews, unlike some mags.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think that mongoose should come up with a subcompany for their high end mountain bikes, this way it can have a cool name so you won't have the little kids come up to you saying that they have a Mongoose too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.