Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the geometry for this bike?? Years 05 and 06? Im looking for BB height, HT angle, ST angle, WB.
Ive looked everywhere and cant find it...Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
the info is on there website.... mongoose.com
they changed it a bit from 05 to 06
06 overall has been made a bit more aggressive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. thanks. this frame could be used for racing right? because i got the frame for free and would love to use it, im getting the rest of the components from sponsors, etc. so if i had an 888rc2x fork, raceface cranks, E13, deemax wheels, diablous bars, it would be good for racing right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
i dont know much about racing...do you mean DH. if so yeah probably...the 06 and 07 frame are pretty much the same i believe. i dont think there was an 05? i could be wrong? *(in my orginal response i meant 06 vs 07) anyhow out of the box it comes with 7.5 inches DHX 4 air in the back and 7 up front (marzocchi 66 single crown---i think) single chain ring as well....so yeah it seems like a FR/DH bike...not a true true DH bike but maybe someone else could weigh in that knows a bit more than myself?
 

·
clyde in training
Joined
·
1,917 Posts
jamip_dh said:
ok. thanks. this frame could be used for racing right? because i got the frame for free and would love to use it, im getting the rest of the components from sponsors, etc. so if i had an 888rc2x fork, raceface cranks, E13, deemax wheels, diablous bars, it would be good for racing right?
if you are sponsored, wouldn't you know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i just got the frame for free and ive never ridden one before...so i wouldnt know about it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
any bike can be raced, provided you are a racer
 

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
Joined
·
2,664 Posts
mongoose site has it listed as a 68 degree headangle
that's pretty steep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
coma13 said:
mongoose site has it listed as a 68 degree headangle
that's pretty steep.

bare with me here please---the steeper head angle meaning its better for the DH type riding or not better---this degree/angle business always confuses me---thx

edit---the Head Angle says 66 and the Seat Angle says 68--thats for the 07...

06 is HA = 68 and SA = 70

which is the better angling for dh/fh type riding? thx
 

·
Is flexy
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Generally and I mean generally...a steeper head angle is more suited to FR while a slacker head angle is more suited to DH racing. When I say steep head angle I mean in terms of fr/dh bike, a really steep head angle would be on an xc race bike. The theory is that the slacker head angle is better at high speeds but would be twitchy at slower speeds. 68 degree head angle is more of a FR head angle but if you ride true dh or race it isn't going to explode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
njhcx4xlife said:
Generally and I mean generally...a steeper head angle is more suited to FR while a slacker head angle is more suited to DH racing. When I say steep head angle I mean in terms of fr/dh bike, a really steep head angle would be on an xc race bike. The theory is that the slacker head angle is better at high speeds but would be twitchy at slower speeds. 68 degree head angle is more of a FR head angle but if you ride true dh or race it isn't going to explode.

very helpful--thx
 

·
Trying a little
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
anybody know the bb height and frame weight?

MBA said bb is 15.2" so all that tells us is the bb height is anything but 15.2"
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top