Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how lots of you guys should have monday off...is anyone up for a ride? I was out at Dakota/MW today and things were mostly good. Just a few wet spots. Thinking moderate pace to ride off some of thos Christmas calories that will be consumed tomorrow.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the trail conditions on Dakota/MW. What time did you have in mind? I need to do some serious distance riding, and would like to do it on singletrack if possible. Depending upon time, I would be interested. 10 to noonish will work well, though that can be adjusted a bit. I will likely do multiple laps unless someone tells me that there are some linked trails that are rideable. I need to get at least 4 hours in, and may try and gut out five or six if having a good day. Laps would work well for restocking the camelback with food and water, and allowing for some company in the first lap or three.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can loop Apex/Green Mtn/Zorro into the mix if you like. 10 sounds good but don't expect me do 10 laps or anything. :cool:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Plan on the parking lot on the Mathews side of the road adjacent I-70. 10am sounds good. Look for the grey wagon...

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Trail Conditions Report

I'd be interested in hitting M/W again tomorrow, may see you there for a 10:00am start, but I'm gonna ride at my own pace (slower than you), so expect to ride solo. Will be on an obnoxiously green Blur LT.

Trail conditions as of today are great for those places. The hogback is dry and dusty as usual, a few tiny snow patches in the shade here and there. All the stairs are dry. Across the street, just a few wet spots, nothing seriously muddy, a small few places of packed snowmelt coming down the north side of Morrison Slide. That creek crossing is ice packed with slush on top, not bad. The cutoff back through the trees down by the creek was muddy in a few places. Ridable, but I won't hit that little section again for at least another couple of days, it's soft. I didn't ride Red Rocks trail today. Zorro is soft near the switchbacks and toward the top. GM has been fine for a couple of days now, very little soft areas left there.

Things should be in just about perfect shape by the end of the week, just in time for the next snowstorm right before New Years.

Merry Christmas,

Dave

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
might see me down there as well. red car/green hardtail. riding a lap or three, playing on the techy stuff. i won't be really worried about time/pace/distance.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hate to bail...........but a case of Christmas food poisoning is keeping me down. And no it is nowhere near as fun as it sounds.

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
FrontRanger said:
Hate to bail...........but a case of Christmas food poisoning is keeping me down. And no it is nowhere near as fun as it sounds.
Bummer, dude. I'd rather be hung over. Uh, wait a minute... nevermind. I'll be there at 10:00. I'm assuming Mathews side adjacent to I-70 means the Mathews/Winters parking lot. Won't be moving real fast today.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
359 Posts
That sucks about the food poisoning. You are the second case I've heard about this weekend. As far as pace, etc. I just need to get a lot of time in. I don't plan to blister. Hell I can go anywhere and ride by myself, so that's not the point. That's the beauty of laps, as anyone can bail after they've had their fill. Though the hikers may not like the idea...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts