Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike shop is closed on Mondays which means that's the only day that I can get out for a quality, substantial ride. Another Monday down the drain and today did not dissapoint.

I haven't been on the Sourdough trail since last fall. Like a friend that you may not see often, but is your best bud once you do. Even though the climbing hurt right out of the gate.

After the initial climb, you cross Beaver Res Rd.

More climbing. I used to call this the burn zone, but I think now I'll call it the new Aspen grove. 10 years ago the area was recovering from a fire and the aspen were only a foot or so tall.

A little descending now

Followed by more climbing. Like a baby's butt, it is.

views

more baby butt smoove singletrack

The only snow I saw today.

Then it was on to the South St Vrain trail for some quality descending. The SSV creek was freaking raging. Most water I've ever seen in there. It was so deafening it was scary.

Don't be fooled. Not all SSV is like this. But some parts are :)

It's more like this

and this

and this

but it is ALL great. Due to where I parked, I had to follow up all of that nice descending with a 20 minute grunt up a looooong and dusty dirt road.

blah

But it led me to one last final descent, a good one at that.

And being a Monday, I had the whole place to myself. Saw 2 people the whole day. Mondays. Excellent.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Nice one, Dave!

That's the trail area I miss more than any other from living out there.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It misses you too, Dave. Good stuff that whole network. Felt great to get up there finally.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,350 Posts
I'll shout for a tour in August when I'm around that area then tell Scrubby how good it was when I get back East :D

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely. 6th, if you're going to be in this area, eschew what others tell you to ride and come see me. I'll make it worth your while ;)

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
You got me beat for sure :thumbsup: Our Monday ride here in Las Vegas started at 101f but cooled down to a chilly 91f three hours later. Gotta get out and ride no matter what ehh ;)

Matt

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts