Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
If Monarch is the follower of Pearl I will take the FOX
Pearl was in 90% of the cases a very bad working shock ... especially after a few months of riding.
So far haven't read a bad complains about the monarch ... but also nobody is so happy to recommend it very hard

The Monarch is 4.2 ... that mean it has a lockout on it! ... Pretty pointless too ... my Ario 2.2 hat with lockout still 5mm hub

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
outfaced said:
If Monarch is the follower of Pearl I will take the FOX
Pearl was in 90% of the cases a very bad working shock ... especially after a few months of riding.
So far haven't read a bad complains about the monarch ... but also nobody is so happy to recommend it very hard

The Monarch is 4.2 ... that mean it has a lockout on it! ... Pretty pointless too ... my Ario 2.2 hat with lockout still 5mm hub
That is 100% false.

I beat the living sh!t out of a Pearl 3.1 on my Freeride bike for over a year. Its now on my friends bike still kicking it down strong. (This is the 3rd season on the shock!!!!)

I have thought about getting a Monarch for my 6point. Rockshox products have only been great to me. If they die, rockshox backs them up 100%

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 3 Pearl's and all of them had problems ... bad/slow response, to progressive, lost platform, etc.
Perhaps different series ... I don't know.
Depends on the riding style too ... they still ok for certain frames and conditions.

When I made the bushings I will test one of them on MK III ... will see. If I find a Monrach-shock, will test it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.