Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always found the CTD shock either too harsh or would blow thru all my travel ....only one ride so far but is feeling pretty damn good. I can tell you that the suppleness at the beginning of the travel is beautiful!

will spend more time with setting up rebound but ran the shock with 30% sag on the weekend with great success!

the only downside so far is that I have to use smaller water bottles for short rides
Carbine with Monarch Plus.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
How was it climbing with the Monarch? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did a lot of climbing that day, everything from long steep fire roads to techy rock steps, left it in the middle compression setting and did everything fine. The firmest setting doesn't feel as firm as the CTD shock tho but I would only use that on sections that are really smooth... need to get out and hit some trails with jumps this week. But so far so good

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am looking to get rid off of my fox rear shock, Could you tell me the size for you monarch? are you able to run both 5.5 and 6' travel?

Cesar

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Chuckie,

What size frame is yours and what size bottle do you run? I prefer to run a bottle for Enduros and was worried a Monarch would take up too much space.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Chuckie,

What size frame is yours and what size bottle do you run? I prefer to run a bottle for Enduros and was worried a Monarch would take up too much space.
Sorry about the late response...I am using a small 500ml Elite water Bottle, which fits fine, but previously used the larger camelbak bottles. Larger bottles still fit but they touch the piggyback which may or may not cause concern

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry about the late response...I am using a small 500ml Elite water Bottle, which fits fine, but previously used the larger camelbak bottles. Larger bottles still fit but they touch the piggyback which may or may not cause concern
What frame size do you have?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts