Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me out I read through the monarch rc3 thread but some info looks old and couldn’t find what I’m after. So I’m trying to help a friend out who doesn’t have a ton of money and I’m trying to switch him from a L comp tune to a M compression tune on a 2016 (maybe 17) monarch + RC3 that’s on his YT Capra. He’s a heavier rider and also aggressive and it’s kind of odd YT chose a L tune in the first place according to RS chart with a 2.6 leverage ratio they would Recommend M. So he’s constantly using the lever to firm up the shock even on DH so he may actually even need an H tune but we’ll start M first. Issue is you can’t just buy a shim stack for the Monarch + like you can the Vivid, instead you have to buy the whole assembly and as I said doesn’t have a lot of money. So any of the tuners/service center guys (Johnny, Dougal) know what the layout is for the basic stock M compression tune and H tune if you know that as well, not asking for any secret custom tuned info just trying to get him in a better range and I can buy shims online and rebuild it for him but don’t know which I need.

Appreciate any information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.