You could park halfway, hit the road at the beginning a little and a little at the end. I recomend leaving a six pack in the car as motivation to get back up there!
First off, riding up from Poncha is do-able, and there are some creative ways to parallel the road so that you aren't on the highway much. But that's pretty involved, no time for that now...ccwaskier said:So the shuttle is full at 8 am. We have four riders should we:
1. Go somewhere else because there will be 35 other people and it will be crowded. If so where?
2. Drop people at the top and send one person down with the car to hitch back up. Is hitching on monarch from poncha springs easy? I have had some long waits for rides skiing on monarch pass.
3. Ride up the pass, but 17 miles on the road and a bunch of elevation doesnt' sound like fun on my nomad.
4. Take the shuttle at 10, but i hate starting late and getting rained on.
5. Drive two cars from colorado springs, seems like a waste of gas though.
other suggestions welcome
or best yet if someone else of going to be out there we could shuttle cars
DB,richardbend said:...a group of eight fugly looking freaks.