Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photo assignment to come. Go get some rides in and post up a pic or two.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Thanks AR...I plum forgot. Skyno, Dirtvert and Squashyo had a wild adventure over Niscene way and it was super. If you ever get a chance to ride with these dudes, do it...always a pleasure.

For the most part trails were pretty good especially up top. A little iffy in the canyons/shaddy. We ended up doing 4k plus footies on 26 miles. Couch never felt so good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
IMG_0998.jpg IMG_1001.jpg

Was out in Santa Cruz all day today riding, pretty fantastic conditions on the steeper trails. Flatter stuff is still rather wet. First ride on the Giro Switchblade helmet and I have to say I dig it, except that I can't get goggles to fit comfortably on it. So looks like for wet days where I'm riding behind someone I'm still rolling with my Full 9 as goggles are way more comfortable for me on it.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks AR...I plum forgot. Skyno, Dirtvert and Squashyo had a wild adventure over Niscene way and it was super. If you ever get a chance to ride with these dudes, do it...always a pleasure.

For the most part trails were pretty good especially up top. A little iffy in the canyons/shaddy. We ended up doing 4k plus footies on 26 miles. Couch never felt so good.
You're welcome. I figured you might be out of town ... so I didn't want to bug you ... but should have pinged you I guess. Do you want an added photo assignment ?

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
The Demo lot is closed to cars!!!

But we played in the mud bog at the climb. Did some laps and partied on the road. Tri tip and pounds of bacon were on the menu. So cold but so good yesterday.

15672780_10154722870428213_5505072204261678606_n.jpg

4 hour ride, 3 hour hangout.
IMG_5920.jpg

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
Pretty much every crik and stream at Demo is running. Really amazing sights and sounds.

The ground is now saturated like we haven't seen in the last 5 years. The trails are fine due to proper drainage but every rainfall now cannot be soaked in easily by the ground.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ripped through campus etc. yesterday on CX bike. trails are still soupy in the normal spots. nothing too bad. it will be super prime by end of the week. saw this little fella climbing back up through wilder. FullSizeRender (6).jpg

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
ripped through campus etc. yesterday on CX bike. trails are still soupy in the normal spots. nothing too bad. it will be super prime by end of the week. saw this little fella climbing back up through wilder. View attachment 1112531
If this is off the fire road climb up to twin gates it's the same one I saw several weeks ago...he or she isn't afraid of people...I have video of them approaching nervously close to us

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If this is off the fire road climb up to twin gates it's the same one I saw several weeks ago...he or she isn't afraid of people...I have video of them approaching nervously close to us

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
exactly. long meadow trail!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
No mountain bikes today, but drug my dad and brother through the rockiest trails I could find down in the desert. Conditions are perfect.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Demo was fantastic today though I only did braille...twice. Such good shape though I did not enjoy my second run as much because a bug flew in my eye right at the start and that made me sad.

Picks from niscene yesterday

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Rode Skeggs yesterday. Cold but really fun. Ave temp was 37 with the low of 34.
It was wetter than we thought it would be. North Leaf had some soggy sections, so we couldn't hammer it properly. :)
One tree down on Giant Salamander after the steep downhill section. It's just after the right turn at the bottom, so be careful.

Rode moto with my son today. Been too long! Great conditions. :thumbsup:

2016-12-27+17.17.25.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Took my son out for his first ride at Bullards Bar. A nine mile out and back with roughly 1600' of climbing! He did great, but dove head first down the hole in this pic:
IMG_2206.jpg

Thank goodness for his new full face helmet, gloves and knee pads! Nothing hurt but his pride. :)

He found a decorated tree by the trail (that I blew past twice without noticing:
FullSizeRender.jpg

A great ride!

G

·
Demo was fantastic today though I only did braille...twice. Such good shape though I did not enjoy my second run as much because a bug flew in my eye right at the start and that made me sad.

Picks from niscene yesterday

That looks a lot like Doug...maybe I can jump in with you guys next time??? :D

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Not leaving 2016 without a fight. Banged (bung? ) out a 4100+/25 miler today up to the top of John Nicholson trail. Dirt was perfect and that trail is pretty fun for how beginner it is. Didn't think I was riding today but the wife and kids said they were going to mall so I really had no choice. SC tomorrow with Skyno and who else knows, not I.

Can you spot the bug?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Demo Flow was insane today. Only made a single lap, but grip for miles and pure joy. Till I hit a pile of leaves wrong (100% my fault, I'm an idiot) slid out, and wound up with a HUGE mud streak on the entire left side of my body.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
That looks a lot like Doug...maybe I can jump in with you guys next time??? :D
Was it the rugged good looks or the drooling that gave it away?

I'm free all next week. Lemme know what works!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Skeggs was pretty good up top but had some soft spots a little lower in the park.

Thinking of hitting Demo tomorrow or Saturday. Should be fun since I haven't ridden there since they built the flow trail.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
Skeggs was pretty good up top but had some soft spots a little lower in the park.

Thinking of hitting Demo tomorrow or Saturday. Should be fun since I haven't ridden there since they built the flow trail.

Make sure you hit Braille. 20 jumps!!

#hiteveryjump

1 - 20 of 39 Posts