Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running their Moments with an air shock? I'd like to try one, but not sure what will fit. I really like the feel of the rp3 on my 5 spot and so I was hoping that would work. Anybody know for sure?

BK

·
Got Rogued!
129 Posts
It for sure works... It totally kick @.. It is specificaly ICT tuned. I have one Fox Float R on my Moment and it works like a dream. No bobbing. Light. Dimensions : 7.785 X 2.00 inches. I'd recommend it. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm also patiently waiting for the DHX air shock that is coming out....but in the mean time I may try the float.

FB

·
aka greyranger
507 Posts
You could keep th efloat as a back up to the dhx air. Send the float to Push Industries after a couple of years for a rebuild till the dhx is ready. I think Darren at Push has a moment with the dhx coil on it. He might have some good insight on the air choice.

·
Got Rogued!
129 Posts
5.25" with 7,875 X 2.00 (5" mode) with float R, RP3, 5th element (air shock)
5.75" with 7,875 X 2.25 (6" mode) with Vanilla RC, DHX, Romic

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sure !!

FatB said:
Anyone running their Moments with an air shock? I'd like to try one, but not sure what will fit. I really like the feel of the rp3 on my 5 spot and so I was hoping that would work. Anybody know for sure?

BK
I run my moment with an RP3. It's an amazing setup. Superplush when open, helps me out when the going gets rough, and hardtail firm & efficient when it's time to climb back home.
I have owned almost any trail bike out there, including the 5 spot, Intense 5.5, Id, you name it. Nothing compares to the Moment with the current setup .
P.S - It's a longer i2i shock then the ones used on the spot .

Attachments

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Jeeze Pizzaman, that's a smart looking rig. What's it weigh? I run an RP3 on my 6-Pack and I think it beats the pants (nearly) off the DHX. Plusher AND better pedaling manners. Who woulda thunk it?

·
Registered
663 Posts
tscheezy said:
Jeeze Pizzaman, that's a smart looking rig. What's it weigh? I run an RP3 on my 6-Pack and I think it beats the pants (nearly) off the DHX. Plusher AND better pedaling manners. Who woulda thunk it?
Last time I checked it was 13.7 Kg, with shimano 959 pedals (not pictured) and stan's no-tubes.
It's a little heavier now, due to new WTB timberwolf tires needed for the summer around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.