Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

OK, dream with me for a moment if you would. Join me in a journey as you leave that comfortable chair in front of your computer and travel to a flesh and blood, sticks and stones, real world place in time and space. You've done all the homework on the theory of doing big drops on your bike, read all the books, watched all the videos, built stunts in your yard and practiced until the proverbial cows came home. Now you've spent several thousand dollars and dedicated days of your life to drive to the Mecca of mountain biking…..Whistler Bike Park! After several successful trips off of the small and middle GLC drops without crapping in your pants you've finally screwed up your courage and committed to "THE BIG GLC DROP". You make a left off the main trail, rattle across the wooden bridge trying to ignore the sound and concentrate on the looming drop ahead, make a quick right turn that ends at the edge of the cliff all the while doing your best to forget the butterflies in your stomach and spot your landing way….way….way down there when……..

Big GLC Drop:
:D :D :D :D :D

Michael:thumbsup:

A Line:

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story....

Hi Folks,

Based on some responses to this post on other forums I feel the need for this follow up post. I do so to avoid perpetrating a falsehood. The text is a pitch perfect description of my feelings and internal experience the first time I dropped the big GLC drop at Whistler. However, the video is (luckily for me) of someone else. From watching the distance that guy/girl sends it I'm sure they were very experienced on that drop. Had the xxx been part of my first trip over the lip I doubt I would have had the panache to pull it off as smoothly as they did.:eekster:

Here is a poor shot of my, much more pedestrian, first experience of the big GLC drop.
Slope Soil Forest Bedrock Geological phenomenon

I'd hoped that my verbiage would set a dramatic stage for the entertaining video but it looks like it had the unintended consequence of taking attention away from the captivating visuals.

Mea Culpa,;)

Michael:thumbsup:

PS
I coyly left out critical information in the word I xxx-ed out so as not to spoil the video.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A line jump

That jump on A-line where the guy jumped the bear cost me 5 days in the hospital and 5 broken ribs. The crazy thing is I still want to go back. I'd just go a little slower this time. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.