Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Very nice stuff indeed - I think my favorite Moment build thus far.

What length stem is on the maverick? Is that a medium or large frame?

Nice component choice too - I may have gone for a fatter tyre, but otherwise everything looks good, even the saddle too.

Trevor!

·
Mtb & Bassoon player
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trevor! said:
Very nice stuff indeed - I think my favorite Moment build thus far.

What length stem is on the maverick? Is that a medium or large frame?

Nice component choice too - I may have gone for a fatter tyre, but otherwise everything looks good, even the saddle too.

Trevor!
Thanks! :)

It is a 19" frame, and the stem is 70mm long, but a 90mm long stem will be better.
The tires are a Schwalbe Fat Albert and King Jim , both in 2.35" size....I' m in searching for better ones....maybe the Maxxis Hans venture...

The ride of the Moment is absolutely amazing!! :D :D

Bye,
Pali

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Sweet

Looks great! Congrats.

I've heard nothing but good things about he Maverick forks, and the look is fantastic combined with the Moment. I would have guessed the frame was a medium, the fork makes the frame look smaller to me.

I kinda wish I'd considered that fork myself, but I rode a Maverick frame for a couple of months and was quite underwhelmed. I thought that if I didn't like the frame, I wouldn't like the fork, but like I said, everyone seems to love them. Let us know how you like the frame/fork combination over time.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sweet looking ride, tend to think we do not look at those forks enough. The reviews I read and hear are very good, they are way light too.

Be interesting to hear how the moment rides on some freeride stuff. May well be a better more useful bike than my DARE.

Time will tell.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great looking ride. Nice job.

I have just put together a moment. I have gone for the float shock and mine is weighing in at a porky 14.2 kg. Will take some pics this weekend, and will post them next week

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Palisworth said:
Thanks! :)

It is a 19" frame, and the stem is 70mm long, but a 90mm long stem will be better.
The tires are a Schwalbe Fat Albert and King Jim , both in 2.35" size....I' m in searching for better ones....maybe the Maxxis Hans venture...

The ride of the Moment is absolutely amazing!! :D :D

Bye,
Pali
Thanks for the size information. I am just curious to what sizes etc people are using.

May I ask what height you are?

Those schwalbes are a good choice - I have a new favorite being the Kenda Blue grooves, a 2.35" up front with the same or a 2.1" in the back would be awesome fro dry condtions, and they work fine in wet but even better is there sticky compound.

Again, great bike!

·
Mtb & Bassoon player
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trevor! said:
Thanks for the size information. I am just curious to what sizes etc people are using.

May I ask what height you are?

Those schwalbes are a good choice - I have a new favorite being the Kenda Blue grooves, a 2.35" up front with the same or a 2.1" in the back would be awesome fro dry condtions, and they work fine in wet but even better is there sticky compound.

Again, great bike!
I am 193 cm and 92 Kg.
The spring is a 600 lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.