Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could and if so, would someone explain for me what Brain's HD is based off of, and what more common Ibis Mojo makes the TrailBike version?

I am on the Iron Horse forum. There are a few blow-hardlys who have it in them to make appearances and just mess the place up. This group did run far and away when the IRONHORSE Court matter got personal on that Forum. :p

So, I say and am reserved to the HD being 'BL's A-Line, Grand Slalom, and all-about Racer. These hipster-doofus' on the IHBC Forum now just cannot find anything to suit theire needs, the Elves they are. So they say the HD is 'just the right bike to turn into a Trail bike'. Where I slam back there is a Mojo already doing what they want.

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
The ibis page probably best addresses your question: http://www.ibiscycles.com/mountain/mojohd/

The mojo has definitely been ridden by many of in the sort of terrain that the HD is being targeted for. But the Mojo has also been ridden in terrain that true DH bikes are plain just better at so it is a matter of degrees, performance and personal riding skills & preference.

If I didn't already own a Mojo built heavy the HD would be right at the top of my shopping list. It is amazingly tempting to me regardless just for the slightly slacker head angle, and 180mm fork capability.

·
Chumley for prez!
445 Posts
Does this help?...from:Bikeradar
The bike should perform well for most any of the typical riding you would do with a bike of that travel," said company principal Scot Nicol. "Fork and tyre choice are probably more influential than the frame for more extreme use, but we envision people building these up as sub-28-30lb do-anything rigs more than downhill race bikes for rough courses. Brian's a special case and Canberra was a smoother course than many downhill courses, so it depends.

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,115 Posts
Uncle Jemima said:
Could and if so, would someone explain for me what Brain's HD is based off of, and what more common Ibis Mojo makes the TrailBike version?

I am on the Iron Horse forum. There are a few blow-hardlys who have it in them to make appearances and just mess the place up. This group did run far and away when the IRONHORSE Court matter got personal on that Forum. :p

So, I say and am reserved to the HD being 'BL's A-Line, Grand Slalom, and all-about Racer. These hipster-doofus' on the IHBC Forum now just cannot find anything to suit theire needs, the Elves they are. So they say the HD is 'just the right bike to turn into a Trail bike'. Where I slam back there is a Mojo already doing what they want.
It's like the little fat kid with chubby fingers trying to pick a dime off the supermarket floor for 10 minutes. You just stand there watching him knowing he'll never be able to pick it up, yet you can't turn away.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Does this help?...from:Bikeradar
Quote:
The bike should perform well for most any of the typical riding you would do with a bike of that travel," said company principal Scot Nicol. "Fork and tyre choice are probably more influential than the frame for more extreme use, but we envision people building these up as sub-28-30lb do-anything rigs more than downhill race bikes for rough courses. Brian's a special case and Canberra was a smoother course than many downhill courses, so it depends.

slcrockymountainrider said:
It's like the little fat kid with chubby fingers trying to pick a dime off the supermarket floor for 10 minutes. You just stand there watching him knowing he'll never be able to pick it up, yet you can't turn away.
For the 'Slew of Us', I apologize for 'Dammit', and 'Jesus Christ' playing in the rain over there...

Stop pulling my Finger.

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,115 Posts
Some people struggle a bit more with puberty than others. Kinda sucks when that last testicle won't drop and you're running around with your voice breaking up while your face looks like you rode a motorcycle helmetless through a pack of nats.

Don't worry, the akward phase will eventually work itself out. Just give it some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.