Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Endo to death but I got an offer for pro form on a 2011 Mojo SL. The mojo likely fits the majority of my riding well as the stuff behind my house is def XC. I would not have looked this way but the opp for a cheap bike I could sell end of summer is appealing and I need to upgrade the forks and brakes on my endo. Anyone ride both that can give me some input. I am a bigger guy and ride aggressive XC daily in my back yard with some AM on the weekends. I have a DT for heavier stuff.

·
30-ton War Machine
793 Posts
I own an Endo and demo'd a Mojo for a day riding on my local trails. My gripes about the Mojo arose from, what I perceived to be, fit issues. No matter what I did the bike didn't fit me the way I wanted it to. My wife had the same feeling. It certainly wasn't as plush or active as the 4x4 linkage on the Endo is. Test ride a Mojo and see what you think. Putting the money directly toward your Endo might be a more worthwhile venture than farting around with getting the Mojo to work for you. Just my .02

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have not ridden both. I own a Mojo SL and have a Chilcotin on order, I weigh 185 lbs without gear. I consider the Mojo Sl to be a super fun bike for XC to light AM. The combination of lightweight, short wheelbase, and DW link suspension make for a very fun bike that climbs great, accelerates easily, and is still fun on easy to moderate downhill. I do recommend wider handlebars and PUSH tuned rear shock.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My short answer is I like my Mojo much more than I like'd my Endo, except for when pointed down.

Dusty thats kind of off and you know it. Both very high end bikes that both accommodate different riders.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
tws_andrew said:
I am a bigger guy and ride aggressive XC daily in my back yard with some AM on the weekends.
My advice: Don't get the carbon bike. Take some fat off the Endo if you must. I would have warrantied/crash replaced several glue bikes by now, and I rarely crash. If you ride hard in chunk, frames take a beating.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'd avoid one if your heavier or look at the HD. I'm light and the mojo works great, endo is a very fun bike to ride too but I just like the mojo more. I'm not worried about the carbon breaking, ibis failures are very uncommon.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
if you look at the product review section, the word "flex" occurs 59x. most of those are denying any.

Also, DB reviewed the Mojo a couple of years back (before he took the job with Knolly) and reported that although he liked it, the rear end flexed noticeably. The demo ride was probably pre-Lopes-link, so ymmv.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
I've tried the Mojo SL and I have a 08 Endo, and I prefer the Endo. I don't have anything solid to say this bike is better than that bike, but the overall feel I liked the Endo better.

I think that both bikes can be very good when set up properly, and which bike is best will depend on rider preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.