Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there has been several comments in the past on this forum about the differences between the SL and the HD, I am having trouble finding them though! Can anyone comment on the main differences that they have noticed between the two? I would like feedback from someone who owned and rode an SL or regular Mojo for a while and then made the switch to a HD.

I have owned my SL for about a year and absolutely love it. I have gotten much more aggressive in my riding and would like a little more travel and more stiffness. I recently demoed a Firebird and loved the overall stiffness of the bike and the stiffness of the 36 fork. Going downhill on a familiar trail felt so good and I was impressed with the climbing ability. I haven't ridden a HD on the trail yet but I did get an opportunity to ride one on the road. I was surprised at how familiar it felt to my SL!

I really want more stability when going downhill at high speed, more stiffness and more confidence when jumping or going off drops. I think that the HD is right for me but would like some real world feedback from those intimate with both.

It is not like me to buy a bike without a real test ride but my love for my SL, the incredible company behind the bike, and a great local bike shop that sells Ibis has made me decide to pull the trigger without a proper test. I guess that I am looking for some validation on my decision before I blow a bunch of cash!

Thanks for any info!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you like your sl, you will love the HD. It's just like the sl, but stiffer, stronger and can have 140-160 travel options. I also think it climbs better as well. I can fly downhills now without worry. If you're in the bay area, I will let you demo mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mazspeed said:
If you like your sl, you will love the HD. It's just like the sl, but stiffer, stronger and can have 140-160 travel options. I also think it climbs better as well. I can fly downhills now without worry. If you're in the bay area, I will let you demo mine.
Thanks for the info and for the offer, I really appreciate that. I live in San Diego so unfortunately I won't be able to take you up on your offer.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts