Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 577 Posts

·
The Crow
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we go again. Only this time it seems the wait won't be that long. Post you build kits hopes and dreams here, then spam us all when the frames start arriving in June.

My build:
Size:.........Medium
Fork:.........RockShox Revelation World Cup 20mm with Tapered Steerer
Shock:......Fox RP23 with Kashima Coating (Stock)
Wheelset:..???
Headset:....Chris King
Handlebar: Easton Haven Carbon 711mm
Stem:........Easton Haven Carbon 70mm
Brakes:......Formula R1 180/160mm rotors
Grips:........ODI
Shifters:.....SRAM X0
Front Der:..SRAM X0
Rear Der:...SRAM X0
Crank:.......SRAM X0 2X10
Cassette:..SRAM X0 11-32
Chain:.......SRAM X0
Seatpost:..RockShox Reverb
Saddle:.....Selle Italia SLR
Tires:........WTB Weirwolf / Maxxix High Roller
Pedals:.....Point1 Podium
Weight:.....?

Will go nicely with my Vit-P HD!

·
Registered
438 Posts
That would be very welcome news if the RPL became available with the Kashima coat, but Fox tends to treat that one like the red-headed stepchild of the family.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I just placed my order yesterday. I was going to buy am asr 5c but the features on the sl-r were just too awesome to pass up.

·
The MTB Lab
2,556 Posts
kestrel242 said:
That would be very welcome news if the RPL became available with the Kashima coat, but Fox tends to treat that one like the red-headed stepchild of the family.
The RPL won't come with the Kashima, since it part of their Performance family. The Factory RP23 w/ Adaptive Logic, RP2 Remote, DHX Air 5.0 and DHX RC4 gets the coating.

·
Italian biker
58 Posts
Iwan said:
Here we go again. Only this time it seems the wait won't be that long. Post you build kits hopes and dreams here, then spam us all when the frames start arriving in June.

My build:
Size:.........Medium
Fork:.........RockShox Revelation World Cup with Tapered Steerer
Shock:......Fox RPL with Kashima Coating (Stock)
Wheelset:..???
Headset:....Chris King
Handlebar: Easton Havoc Carbon 711mm
Stem:........Easton Havoc Carbon 70mm
Brakes:......Formula R1 180/160mm rotors
Grips:........ODI
Shifters:.....SRAM X0
Front Der:..SRAM X0
Rear Der:...SRAM X0
Crank:.......SRAM X0 2X10
Cassette:..SRAM X0 11-32
Chain:.......SRAM X0
Seatpost:..RockShox Reverb
Saddle:.....Selle Italia SLR
Tires:........WTB Weirwolf / Maxxix High Roller
Pedals:.....Point1 Podium
Weight:.....?

Will go nicely with my Vit-P HD!
Isn't it too much the havoc bar for a trail bike? I would rather go for an haven C :thumbsup:

·
Unpredictable
2,211 Posts
Have ordered my large orange and will get the Cane Creek Angleset to go with it, but that's the total planned build. It's going to sit on the wall of the garage till my Mojo Carbon dies. It is 3 1/2 years into it's happy life, about 11000km on the clock and is loving life.

So why order something you don't need or want to sell-on? Aussie dollar is strong and US is weak; simple economics. It may seem very odd when the SL-R is the 4th 140mm Ibis in 5 years, but I think this is going to be a keeper frame. No matter what happens to components in the next 2-3 years, the SL-R will remain perfect for where I live, for what I ride now and will want to ride in the future.

$1.20 by June - please please polease.....

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Paid my deposit today for a black & blue! Guaranteed first one that the shop gets... Build is going to be a suprise, but its gonna be tits!

1 - 20 of 577 Posts