Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thank you Hans, Scot, and everyone at Ibis! Ibis Cycles has been more then generous and without them this contest would not have happened. It's a great cause and a great bike.

Thank you in advance for all your support.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Donate link failed on chrome, but IE worked.
Kids in hospitals just sucks.

Well done Ibis and partners.

·
MarkyMark
1,352 Posts
The donate link failed for me on both Firefox and IE (blank screen).

phoenixsun said:
Donate link failed on chrome, but IE worked.
Kids in hospitals just sucks.

Well done Ibis and partners.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That's awesome that you guys did that Hans.
Is there a way to do some eBay ones for the people of Japan? Do like 10 full bikes with the proceeds going to the red cross in Japan?
Every time I watch the TV I get sick for what they are going though.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I was thinking the same thing after seeing other auctions on ebay for the red cross.

Seriously, an hd or an SL, with something like an XT kit. Be cool if it was in like green and signed by everyone at ibis.

Bet it would go for 10k+.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
redmr2_man said:
I was thinking the same thing after seeing other auctions on ebay for the red cross.

Seriously, an hd or an SL, with something like an XT kit. Be cool if it was in like green and signed by everyone at ibis.

I'd make it the best bike possible, that way whoever wins the bike, if it goes for big money, it would do the most bids. I would most certainly bid and advertize the bike on my websites, and whatnot. A few bikes are tax write offs and puts your company on the forefront of good will. I'm sure getting shimino and the other companies to do this on a massive scale would be a great promotion for the sport and the companies doing it. It's a win win.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was trying to get it figured out, just out of curiosity.
On the mac the chrome doesnt show the image but you can click on it (if you know its suppose to be there between the two pictures) and it works. Safari works fine on the apple stuff.

There is a nasty problem going around with some of the various recent PC updates.
For example solidworks crashes if Chrome or any other browser is open, unless I rolled back the w7 recent updates... relevant because the computer I rolled back the updates the donate webpage and button shows up in all browsers. My PC I have not rolled back updates crashes most programs non stop, and the links dont appear in the browser.

To put it simply, there are OS/Flash/Java updates that may be hampering people from getting to the paypal donate button. And the solution may not be clear as it appears to be several factors.

Those with an apple product shouldn't have any issues getting to it that I can find.

·
Registered
515 Posts
phoenixsun said:
I was trying to get it figured out, just out of curiosity.
On the mac the chrome doesnt show the image but you can click on it (if you know its suppose to be there between the two pictures) and it works. Safari works fine on the apple stuff.

There is a nasty problem going around with some of the various recent PC updates.
For example solidworks crashes if Chrome or any other browser is open, unless I rolled back the w7 recent updates... relevant because the computer I rolled back the updates the donate webpage and button shows up in all browsers. My PC I have not rolled back updates crashes most programs non stop, and the links dont appear in the browser.

To put it simply, there are OS/Flash/Java updates that may be hampering people from getting to the paypal donate button. And the solution may not be clear as it appears to be several factors.

Those with an apple product shouldn't have any issues getting to it that I can find.
I had to alter the paypal link so that it would open in a new window. The code from paypal does not work without the change. Not sure what's up with it. :confused:

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
redmr2_man said:

At a ROMP dinner 2 years ago Scot was talking about raising money and that they (Ibis) don't like doing auctions because they raise far less money than a raffle.

Get 1000 people to put in $10 in a raffle and you've raised $10k. I think you'd be hard pressed to find an individual willing to pay $10k for a bike they can get new for $4k.
Plus the 1000 people feel a little better about themselves for donating something they normally would not have. Plus if you're the winner, you get a $4k bike for $10! How awesome would that be??? Ask this guy.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
d-bug said:
At a ROMP dinner 2 years ago Scot was talking about raising money and that they (Ibis) don't like doing auctions because they raise far less money than a raffle.

Get 1000 people to put in $10 in a raffle and you've raised $10k. I think you'd be hard pressed to find an individual willing to pay $10k for a bike they can get new for $4k.
Plus the 1000 people feel a little better about themselves for donating something they normally would not have. Plus if you're the winner, you get a $4k bike for $10! How awesome would that be??? Ask this guy.
maybe.

While searching for lyrik's yesterday and typing it in wrong, found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/blink-182-Rock-...608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0ee56728

Now if 4 pieces of crappy paper with scribble on them from a good 90s band can go for that much for the red cross, I think an ibis with autographs from lopes and everyone at ibis can go for 10k.

Never know though. Was just tossing an idea into the ring. I scored on raffles at sea otter last year, so I'm up for raffles too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
digitalhippie13 said:
very cool Ibis, real mojo in action.

Before posting about it in other forums, the winner of the bike can be anywhere in the world?
Yes but if the winner is outside the US, they pay shipping cost. Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
515 Posts
MarkMass said:
That link worked for me. Thanks again to Ibis, Fox, and SRAM for donating the awesome rig for this cause. I wish Mikaela a fast recovery!
Thanks Mark! The bike shops, The Skirack, Earls Cyclery, and iRide also contributed parts and labor to pull this off.

My hats off to ALL our sponsors. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts