Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
miles wadsworth said:
Thanks for the pics, is always fun to see Mojos out and about. Do you have two?
Nope just one, the middle pix was last year. My original frame had a factory defect and they didn't have my size in clear carbon at the time so I opted to go with the Guiness color.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mikuteit said:
Nice, you and the bike are super sharp in a couple of those.

I'm just working off some blurry self-shot video from last week, and the bike is barely visible in most of these...but it is my Mojo SL, and there is action.
Nice action shots! That's some air! Makes mine look silly.... Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
monkies said:
VTMojo...what's the trick to the clean shot (like that second pic) while you're moving? I'm guessing you didn't bring a point and shoot camera...
My wife took it, NataschasPhotography.com, plug.. She uses a Canon 40D. Not sure of the trick, I assume she uses manual focus in lieu of auto. Another cool trick is panning, where you focus on the rider and pan with the subject The subject stays in focus and the back ground is in motion... I'm trying to convince her to come out and take more pictures of mtb'g, but she's into weddings and girly stuff..lol. :p

·
Registered
751 Posts
monkies said:
VTMojo...what's the trick to the clean shot (like that second pic) while you're moving? I'm guessing you didn't bring a point and shoot camera...
The "trick" is you need a better cameraman.... the only thing worse than your cameraman's photo skills is his biking skills :D

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
monkies said:
shotting moving objects in low light conditions is difficult.

You'll want to learn how to balance lighting conditions and shutter speed.

Does your camera have a manual setting?

Have you practised panning shots?

There's definitely technique to shooting in the woods - but you can do it with practise. I doubt you'll need a better camera right away. Focus on your technique first.

·
Registered
603 Posts
...why did this thread just die!?...i know we all do ride our bikes instead of just posting pics of them :D

couple of shots over the weekend...gotta love living in CA during the winter

This was a video at cmont a buddy made (I'm on the green mojo...not as good as the other 2 riders)...

Edit: sorry video link wasn't working. youtube is on the patrol with music now too doh!

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mikuteit

mikuteit said:
Nice, you and the bike are super sharp in a couple of those.

I'm just working off some blurry self-shot video from last week, and the bike is barely visible in most of these...but it is my Mojo SL, and there is action.
heck some of those pix look like Daley Ranch or other N. County Stuff. You're in SD where were those shot? I think I recognize that one hit but I usually only get about 1/3 your air.

there are some cool new 'secret' trails in Balboa, berms and hits. Well beyond my riding ability and size

1 - 20 of 54 Posts