Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 657 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
My dream-bike has occupied countless gigabytes of my mental hard drive for well over a year now. This machine that only existed in my mind or in pictures is now a reality! Just in time for my birthday and just in time to get acquainted for the Big Mountain Enduro race in Moab, w00t!

Still need to cut the steerer and ditch a spacer or two. Will post more pics from the trail once I get it out in some better light.

Here are the deets if you're into that...

Mojo HD-R 275 (BikeCo 147mm config)
Medium, Reverse Vit P
28lbs. 10oz.

Headset: Chris King InSet
Bar: Ibis Hi-Fi
Grips: ESI Chunky
Stem: Thomson X4 70mm
Seat Post: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth
Seat: Thrones, Soleus

Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf, SnakeSkin TrailStar (2.35 front, 2.25 rear)
Rims: Novatec Diablo 275
Spokes: DT Swiss SuperComp, Competition for rear drive-side
Nipples: DT Swiss, Brass
Hubs: Chris King ISO

Fork: Rock Shox Pike 150mm
Shock: BikeCo Custom TSTr

Brakes: Formula "The One"
Rotors: 180mm front, 160mm rear

Shifter: Sram XO GripShift
Derailleur: SRAM X9 T2
Cranks: E-Thirteen TRSr
BB: E-Thirteen XC TiNi
Chain: KMC X10SL-Ti
Chain Guide: MRP 1x
Pedals: Point One Racing, Podium

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks great - very similar to my build, would love to hear more feedback on how the 147mm rides - also can you post up a closeup of how the drilled your frame for the reverb stealth?
Yeah I will post up some close-ups of the hose routing. Yody detailed this about a year ago but the pics are gone now. I used the same method on my previous bike (drill out rivnut) except now I have a downtube shield to help route the hose nice and close to the frame. :thumbsup:

Also will try and write a useful review of the whole long(er) travel set-up and BikeCo shock as I get it all closer to dialed in. Just had the first proper ride last night w/ out any hiccups. :cool:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks very nice!! Can you measure the "TRUE" head tube angle for us?
Since the shock is a standard 8.5x2.5 Roco with the 26" mounts, then the travel is limited etc... With the 150mm Pike and a higher BB, is it steeper than the 67d?

·
Has a cycling disorder
536 Posts
Frame protection for Mojo HDR

I received a reverse Vitamin P matte finish HDR frame from an interstate bike shop on Monday and spent a couple days designing a frame protection kit for it. It is one of my most detailed kits, offering comprehensive protection. The ultra matte film looks great on this frame and so does a new material I use low on the downtube (i'll call it megatex for now). I'm quite happy with the result.
Occupational hazard: Now i've seen one up close, I wants it!
Yellow Green Line Bicycle part Parallel
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Yellow Bicycle part Rim
Black Material property Bicycle accessory Cylinder Carbon
Yellow Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Azure Carbon
Yellow Green Line Grey Composite material
Black Bicycle part Material property Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Synthetic rubber
Steel Metal Composite material Carbon Machine
Material property Gloss Office equipment Plastic Stationery
Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle
Input device Transparent material Peripheral Martini glass Plastic
Audio equipment Material property Cylinder Steel
Line Grey Composite material Material property Synthetic rubber
Green Yellow Line Technology Material property
Steel
Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Steel Composite material Carbon

Attachments

·
Has a cycling disorder
536 Posts
How much is the frameskin kit for the hdr?
This will be on my website soon. The back of the seat tube has protection and while i've tried decal protection lower down in the triangle it is problematic to make work well. A rubber mini skirt is a better solution, which you can make yourself pretty easily. I have a description on the site about this too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bike looks great! Chinese carbon rims?
Thanks! They are actually de-badged Novatec Diablos. :thumbsup:

As for the Stealth routing, here are a few close-ups. Sorry about the crappy lighting. Although it's a simple mod that I expected to do myself, full credit goes to the crew at the BikeCo for saving me the trouble, thus getting me out on the trails that much sooner. They did a nice clean job with zip ties added for routing along the outside and a patch of electrical splicing tape (aka mastic tape) around the hose to keep crud out and keep the guard snug against the downtube. Also, there is a thin layer of foam on the guard (which I'm assuming is stock from Ibis?) to keep it snug and rattle-free.

Wood Hardwood Floor Flooring Wood stain
Bicycle accessory Carbon Bicycle tire Window blind Window covering
Cable Technology Electrical supply Wire Composite material

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Looks very nice!! Can you measure the "TRUE" head tube angle for us?
Since the shock is a standard 8.5x2.5 Roco with the 26" mounts, then the travel is limited etc... With the 150mm Pike and a higher BB, is it steeper than the 67d?
According to Bikeco the shock they're using is neither standard length nor stroke. I'm not aware of the exact sizes available from Marz, but apparently it's shorter both in length and stroke than the Ibis-stock 8.5x2.5. Another owner posted that it was 8.25 somewhere on here. This would explain the lower bb and shorter travel vs what you'd get w std shock and 160 chips w/27.5" wheels.
I realize that this doesn't answer your head angle question, but just wanted to point out that your assumption of std length/stroke shock is not correct according to the email Bikeco sent me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This has probably been asked somewhere already but I could not find it.

Does the BikeCo 147mm mod affect the Ibis frame warranty?

How about the BikeCo frame mod for Reverb Stealth routing a la conekilr's sweet ride?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Murrdogg, BikeCo can only mod the Marzocchi shock as its the only one that can have both its length and travel adjusted to non standard sizes. Pretty much everything else can only have its travel adjusted and its length set to the common shock lengths, eg 7.875", 8.0", 8.5" etc.

If you're happy to swap in a new shock though, then yes they can.

81 - 100 of 657 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.