·
Registered
292 Posts
kite85 said:
Hello,

I just finished the transformation of my Mojo HD160 to 140 :thumbsup:
Weight : 11,670 kg in size L
*snip*
Very nice! So are you keeping the two separate builds and going to switch between 140 & 160 or is this 140(+150) setup designed to replace your 160 setup? Were you finding the 160 setup just a bit too much so rebuilt it as 140 or was it your intention all along to have separe 140 & 160 builds?

·
Registered
103 Posts
starship303 said:
Very nice! So are you keeping the two separate builds and going to switch between 140 & 160 or is this 140(+150) setup designed to replace your 160 setup? Were you finding the 160 setup just a bit too much so rebuilt it as 140 or was it your intention all along to have separe 140 & 160 builds?

Hi,
I don't keep the 160 setup because where I ride it is not necessary
The 140 R/ 150 F setup is perfect for me
Funny to ride, can ride on long distances, climbing like a tractor, downhill safely
Very manoeuvrable (especially with the 711 mm easton bar)

The frame is stiffer (tapered headtube, 12x135 rear axle, ...)

But I need to ride with this setup more

·
Happy to Help
25 Posts
In my Defense!! Once and for all!!!

To whom it may concern,
My name is Avi Byer and I am the Sales Manager at Wrench Science and the Ibis representative at Wrench Science. Some of you may know me by name. And I would hope most of you are familiar with Wrench Science.

The purpose of this post is to clear up some misunderstandings that have been flying around. And make no mistake about it, I am aware of these issues.

I would like to formally apologize to anyone who felt that they received less then what they expected. It is important however to realize, that my intentions at all times is to do the best I possibly can. If I fell short I am truly sorry.

I should hope that everyone knows that we are human and we make mistakes. As hard as I try to do everything in my power to provide the very best service possible, Ish happens. Sometimes the Ish that happens is out of my control. Sometimes things slip through the cracks. To my dismay.

On the other hand, it appears that the success of my efforts far outweigh the failures!!! In fact, if it were possible to report all the success stories we would be here for a very long time.

There are hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers who are either unaware of places like MTBR or simply to busy riding their bike to testify of there experience.
In fact after this past Inter-bike, where we met with Ibis for our annual elbow rubs, and high fives. We were told that we were the # 1 Ibis dealer in the nation!!!!

That is what I am talking about~

Those that know me, will tell you that I love bikes, I love Ibis!
And I love selling people Ibis bikes. Why you might ask?

Because their bikes rule the mountain!!!!!

Again I apologize to those who I may have fell short.
Feel free to let me know if there is a way I can make it up to you.

And for those of you who were happy about the service Wrench Science and myself provided. Thank you for your kind words, and support!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
robnow said:
Here she is!!! The one and only one...Matte Carbon HD.

28.5 lbs in XL sans pedals, this is the XT build as comes from Ibis now(Dyna-Sys and '11 Talas) and still waiting on some swaps including Formulas "The Ones", Joplin, and chain guide. My lbs was cool enough to supply the full kit for now while we're waiting for the rest.

So stoked!!!! just too bad it starts to rain just as I get home.

Won't lie, I wish I could afford the "Kashima" Talas for a little more bling but for the extra cost it just wasn't justifiable. Little bland now but looking forward to upgrading parts as it goes.
IT'S TIGHT!!! But it would look soooo much better if it was a glossy carbon....

Attachments

·
Happy to Help
25 Posts
She is a beast......but small horses don't carry big people. I am a big boy 6'2 235 just one of those dudes who is just a tree trunk. I break stuff. I need the beef....Deity is my favorite small manufacture for sturdy and reliable bar, stem. Totem....ahhhh my beloved Totem!!!
The greatest fork known to man!!!! Delectably plush, supernatural lateral rigidity and a real confidence builder. The codes are all about slowing this train wreck down. I try my best to let it go...and having brakes that really slow down when you really need to, is awesome. I love riding the edge of control. And those brakes give me the confidence I need to do that. As far as the height of the bottom bracket is concerned, it has never presented me with even the slightest concern. I built the bike for my trip to Whistler in June, and my buddy (who was riding and M6) by intense, was cracking his bb left and right, meanwhile I was smooth sailing at all times and in all terrain. So to answer your question in short. The Ibis HD is the most versatile All mountain, free ride bike I have ever had the pleasure of owning. And the height of the bottom bracket has never concerned me or presented a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow. have your weighed her? how did you find it up in whistler? i'm thinking about picking up an HD and have reservations about the tech-nar bits of the mountain, as those are the bits i like the most. I'd love some feedback if you've got time! feel free to PM me if this is derrailing the thread too much...

avi said:
She is a beast......but small horses don't carry big people. I am a big boy 6'2 235 just one of those dudes who is just a tree trunk. I break stuff. I need the beef....Deity is my favorite small manufacture for sturdy and reliable bar, stem. Totem....ahhhh my beloved Totem!!!
The greatest fork known to man!!!! Delectably plush, supernatural lateral rigidity and a real confidence builder. The codes are all about slowing this train wreck down. I try my best to let it go...and having brakes that really slow down when you really need to, is awesome. I love riding the edge of control. And those brakes give me the confidence I need to do that. As far as the height of the bottom bracket is concerned, it has never presented me with even the slightest concern. I built the bike for my trip to Whistler in June, and my buddy (who was riding and M6) by intense, was cracking his bb left and right, meanwhile I was smooth sailing at all times and in all terrain. So to answer your question in short. The Ibis HD is the most versatile All mountain, free ride bike I have ever had the pleasure of owning. And the height of the bottom bracket has never concerned me or presented a problem.

·
_____
381 Posts
I've got two rides now on my HD. For the past year I've been riding an extra large SL with 36 Talas forks while I waited for this HD. The new matte clear finish is less glossy/more flat than the SL and the carbon weave is tighter. I find it much more striking than matte clear SL.

Size XL
2010 Talas 36 RC2
XT components
Elixir CR brakes
Hope/Stans Flow wheel set
Down tube protector
Weight 31.5 lbs with pedals

Attachments

441 - 460 of 2375 Posts