Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you Try three spacers on the drive side..?

Yeah it seems like the direct mount really want ten speed stuff... :madman:

I got my Direct mount (10 speed xtr ) to work on my nine speed two ring XTR cranks
..,, I have a bash guard in stead of a big ring. The setting it up took forever,, I might grind some of the back of the derailleur so it wont hit the linkage..

Rob

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
i have 3x10 and had to shave a bit of the back of the cage to avoid it rubbing against the bottom link. i could set it up to clear the link but it was very very close so i wanted to be safe. i might try to move third spacer to drive side next time i have it apart to see how it works.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All running ok now after lots of adjustments. Waste of time trying to do this on the bike stand as it changes everything once you sit on the bag and get some sag on the shock. Seems to be easier to set up for 10 speed would be interested to know what ibis have to say about this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mojo HD requires 2 spacers at the right side when using Shimano 3x10 drivetrains and direct mount. I've built four HDs this way and no one have had an issue.

If you use just one spacer, shifting to granny will be horrible and you could scratch the front lower link with the derailleur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.