Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it too much. Bikes do break. I doubt that the Mojo is any more prone to breakage than any other production frame, and likely less. Ibis has the best customer service in the business in the rare even that you had an issue.

·
mtbr member
6 Posts
I rode with a guy last weekend that has an '06 Mojo and it was in pristine shape. He rides serious downhill miles and punishes that bike on a weekly basis and has never had a problem. I've had my Mojo for a year and have put on about 600 miles and it looks brand new. As long as you perform routine maintenance it should be able to take as much punishment as you can give it for as long as you own it.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
I've got about 10 - 12k miles on my Mojo in 5 years averaging about 150 vertical ft climbing and downhill per mile.

In 15 years of owning full suspension, owning one bike at a time, before the Mojo every full suspension bike I've owned more than two years I've broke the frame (seat tube) at about 4 or 5k miles.

For my 200 lbs ride weight, the Mojo's durability is in fact, exceptional.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Going into my 5th season with mine. Oh sure I've worn out all the normal stuff like cassettes, rings, chains etc but the frame is holding up awesome. As Dreedyna said all I want to do is upgrade as things get better.

·
Ride More Work Less
372 Posts
I'm coming up on 3 years with my SL. I broke a rear derailleuer cable stop off the top of my rear triangle. If I had not meticulously placed the protective tape on most of the rear triangle, I would have paid for a replacement. I was able to pop rivet/glue a new one back on and my rear triangle is still looking and working great. Last year I received a new front under warranty as the insert for the lower pivot was loose in my frame. I guess the point is that Ibis has a great warranty and low cost replacement program. You will get you money's worth out of an Ibis frame because they will take care of you.

·
flow where ever you go
1,526 Posts
5 years and lots of worn out parts, one broken saddle, several fork/shock rebuilds, a bent (replaceable) derailleur holder and the Mojo looks and rides as sweet as ever. If it broke now, I'd replace it with an SL or HD and not worry about breaking them either.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2,5 years and 12.000 km with my Mojo SL.

Very satisfied, great riding experience. I've had no frame problems other than the "melting" of the original rubberized matte clear coating. Lately it was so ugly and sticky that I decided to remove it (lots of work hand-sanding) and repainting the frame with a shiny scratch resistant clear coat. Now I have a Mojo SL that looks like an original Mojo :D

I plan to enjoy it many more years :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.