Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think they messed up and put all the time and money into the wrong new frame(HD)....If they made a 29er FS thier stock would have doubled by now......been waiting a year ...and yes the Tallboy is sweet, demoed it last month...come on IBIS jump on the 29er train.....

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
There were some comments made on here (29er forum) by Hans a few months ago.
The comments left much hope for 29er fans. My guess is we'd see a Tranny 29er before a Mojo 29er.
I'm not a 29er fan, so I think they did the right thing by going HD first. My agenda has been met.:D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I agree, the large majority of the moj LT crowd is best served by Moj HD. The smaller XC crowd is served by the Moj classic allready. But, still wish we would see about a 5lb Moj 120mm 29er.
Actually, maybe my 650b Moj is still just fine, I really need to build it up again. Since the Tallboy got here in Nov, it has collected too much dust but is still a kick a$$ rig.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
05-19-2010 #46
hanssc
mtbr member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ibis heart 29rs.

There.

Are you happy now

We've been riding them for a while and agree, they do some things really well. We are not down on, against, or resistant to them.

We will make one. When it comes out it will be really good. It's going to be quite a while.

We can't reveal what it will be, but it's not like any of our other bikes.

The Tranny would be perfect for 29r..... We'll see...

Cheers!
Hans

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So you guys are secretly riding around on 29ers ;)

Now, don't be like Yeti, and bring no weak stuff. :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FS Please

A 29r from Ibis would be quite nice. I am in the process of looking and have been for about a year. There are a number of good bikes and some interesting choices on the horizon.

Since I am up in that middle age bracket and like long rides I have no interest in hard tails. Many years ago I swore that I would not own anything with less that 4" of travel. Just to much scar tissue that gets sore after 4 hours in the saddle.

I am quite sure the Tranny with big wheels will sell very well. Hope you come out with a FS bike some time with big wheels. Looking at the past history of Ibis I just could not see Ibis being against something new or different. Not to many companies made a tandem mtb back in the day and everyone liked a handjob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.