Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite enamored with my Inbred, enough that I'm willing to invest a bit more into it. A couple questions...

~Can I have cable guides removed and new installed along with a second cage mount?

~Who can do it? Where? Worth the cost?

OK, more than two, but I have powdercoat on my mind and wonder if I can have the mods done at a reasonable cost at the same time. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Find a local frame builder to do the mods you want. They are not that difficult. The frame will need at least a touch up to the finish so the time for powder coating is after the mods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
contact Independant fabrications, a custom chooper shop, or I have used a metal fabrication company near me. They did a great job, it was an older man who was a TRUE craftsman. He added a beefier gusset to my frame, he blended it in seamless. Do not underestimate a craftsman.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Steel is easy to work with no doubt. I had a local builder, True North, ad a disc mount to my frame. It was cheap. Typically what you are after would be between 50 and 100 bucks for the metal work. The cost for paint can be limitless though, if you let it.

Drew

·
Registered
265 Posts
Engin cycles in Philly

I have no experience with these guys as they are relatively new from what I can tell, but they do appear to offer a variety of mod/repair options for steel frames. If you are local to Philadelphia, they might be worth a look-see.

Engin Cycles

·
Big Paws on a Puppy!!
356 Posts
If you are in or near.....

... the DC Metro/Baltimore area you may want to give this guy a try:http://www.palermobicycles.com/

He came highly recommended to me from a few area locals and his a great guy to deal with. I should mention that by his own admission if you need your work done in a hurry he's not gonna be the one for you....

Also check out: http://www.thickbikes.com/. They are located in Pittsburgh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.