Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mobile bike mechanics who come to your residence or workplace and perform tuneups, rebuilds, etc, etc.

When the jobs done should you tip 'em???

·
Hissatsu Jitensha-nin
294 Posts
At my LBS I tip mine (after a horrendous experience before), but that guy is a maestro. Now with gas prices going up and up and up, a little cabbage would help. Hey, you tip the pizza guy, tip the guy or gal that keeps your most prized possession in top shape. Besides, it's good karma.

·
since 4/10/2009
33,418 Posts
if the dude comes to your house, it's only fair.

but I wanna know where you live that such a profession even exists...mobile bike mechanic

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Don't know why tipping has become so fashionable. A friend once bragged that he tipped at a fast food joint. I never received tips when I worked in the service industry back in the 80's.

I guess if you can afford to hire a mobile bike mechanic, you can afford to tip him. Poor folks like me have to do their own wrenching.

·
JRA
240 Posts
If the mechanic owns the company/ is the cmpany, he retains all the earnings and the agreed upon price is fair compensation. If he is an hourly employee, tip him!

·
canuck
695 Posts
when I serviced alot of off the clock peeps, I would pick up and deliver and or get drop offs and early next day pick ups.

I never excepted tips for drop offs(except for the beer) but it was appreciated when I would do pick ups and race ready by 6am next day turn arounds.

a simple appreciative shake of the hand is nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts