Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so this is my first time going to moab, so I have some questions...Where is the best hotel to stay at . Price is not a major concern where as comfort , bike friendly ,location to trails and of course the night life (bars,taverns) How is the weather in early May ? What bike shops give good info. about local trails and not just the ones that every tom dick and joe would ride. Any info would be appreciated !!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
cmeride said:
OK so this is my first time going to moab, so I have some questions...Where is the best hotel to stay at . Price is not a major concern where as comfort , bike friendly ,location to trails and of course the night life (bars,taverns) How is the weather in early May ? What bike shops give good info. about local trails and not just the ones that every tom dick and joe would ride. Any info would be appreciated !!
I'm sure there will be others who can help you out better than I but in general Moab is a small enough town that almost all of the hotels are essentially the same distance from all the rides.

The only time I stayed at a hotel there i was at the Kokopelli Inn - a pretty small mom and pop joint with a hot tub, off the main street, with really nice owners, and a bit closer to the Slickrock Trail than the others. Cost was a factor for me although I think at that time of year (T-giving) the prices were about the same all over.

Bars and Taverns? Huh? It's Utah man, better bring your own. JK but with the exception of the one or two hotels on the far north end of town you can very easily walk to everything. I don't know the names of most of the hotels but the Gonzo Inn is about as close to the center of things as you can get.

My guess is that every Tom Dick and Joe has probably already asked about rides at all the bike shops and I wouldn't expect them to give up their secret, personal stashes if they have any. Pick up a guide book or search the trail descriptions on this site to get an idea of what types of rides are there. Then ask the shops (Poison Spider is a good one but there's others too) which they think will be the best fit with the types of riding you're looking to do.

My guess is that the weather will be sweet!

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
My suggestion...do a little more research (this board has a great search function), and once you have more details, ask more specific questions. I can't speak for all people, but I certianly don't like repeating myself for every person that jumps on here and asks such broad ranging questions about an area. I think you'll get information a little more tailored to you this way to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.