Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Spring Break this year my son and I took a long weekend in Moab. We hiked in Arches NP and rode Klondkie Bluffs and Bartlett's Wash. We ended up riding Klondike Bluffs trail from the highway which turned out to be 15 miles or so and my twelve-year-old's longest ride to date -- he did great.

He is riding in the same jersey I rode in when I briefly rode for a junior development team in San Antonio. The jersey will turn 20 around 2006 or 2007. More pictures (mostly senic) can be found at...

http://www.bertolacci.org/gallery/Moab

Attachments

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s1ngletrack said:
Geez - he looks like you after 2 hours in the dryer on high heat, craziness. Sounds like you had fun.
Yup, there is a slight family resemblance ;). We did have a great time and thanks to you and others on the FR board for the trail recommendations.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
jasonb said:
Yup, there is a slight family resemblance ;). We did have a great time and thanks to you and others on the FR board for the trail recommendations.
Enjoy it while you can! In a few more years he'll be racing down the trails like a like a deer and you'll be dragging along behind like a dog that spends more time on the porch than the hunt!

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DWF said:
Enjoy it while you can! In a few more years he'll be racing down the trails like a like a deer and you'll be dragging along behind like a dog that spends more time on the porch than the hunt!
Never! A least it isn't happening for a while. I started young on the fatherhood path so I still have some good years left in my legs. I plan on whooping his @ss at least till I am 40 or so.

jason

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Ant the Jersey still looks so stylish

jasonb said:
For Spring Break this year my son and I took a long weekend in Moab. We hiked in Arches NP and rode Klondkie Bluffs and Bartlett's Wash. We ended up riding Klondike Bluffs trail from the highway which turned out to be 15 miles or so and my twelve-year-old's longest ride to date -- he did great.

He is riding in the same jersey I rode in when I briefly rode for a junior development team in San Antonio. The jersey will turn 20 around 2006 or 2007. More pictures (mostly senic) can be found at...

http://www.bertolacci.org/gallery/Moab
Whoever designed that one in the eightys did a good job of avoiding some of the more bizaar colors that were oh so trendy back then.

Great to see that you had a good time with your son. I hope to be able to post pics like that with my kids here soon too.

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
DWF said:
More like..... In a few years he'll be racing down the streets in his car chasing girls and you'll be trying to get him to come back to mountain biking.. LOL.

That's very cool. Keep him at it and away from the cars and girls. I lost both my ride partners to one or the other around age 16-17.

PS: My 18 year who's off at college told me the other day he wishes he'd gone riding bikes and motorbikes more with me when he was at home......

:D He'll be home this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.