Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody actually stayed in the area , and if so where?

I am going to do the Moab Gran Fondo the weekend of May 1 / 2 ; fly down from BC with one of Mr. Strong's creations in my briefcase, do the ride then go home.

I'd kind of like it if I could find somewhere clean and what not that isn't going to cost me $600 for the weekend..................

Any reccies??

I figure this is a good place to ask as the MTB'ing is a big draw in the area.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Toomanybikes said:
Anybody actually stayed in the area , and if so where?

I am going to do the Moab Gran Fondo the weekend of May 1 / 2 ; fly down from BC with one of Mr. Strong's creations in my briefcase, do the ride then go home.

I'd kind of like it if I could find somewhere clean and what not that isn't going to cost me $600 for the weekend..................

Any reccies??

I figure this is a good place to ask as the MTB'ing is a big draw in the area.
The Gonzo Inn

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have stayed here http://moab-utah.com/moabvalleyrv/ a couple of times and have been very satisfied. I was looking for cheap and opted for the econo cabins. You have to bring your own sleeping bag or sheets for the beds if you go that route. They have a pool, hot tub, showers, and a little bike wash area (but how big do you need for a bike?). One thing I really like about this place is that after being shuttled to the top of Porc Rim for The Whole Enchillada, it is only a few road miles back to camp.

Just my $.02 and YMMV...

Jim
Insert cute tag line here...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I stayed in the LaQuinta (across the street from the Moab Brewery). Real nice, $80/night, no pet deposit, remodeled recently, pool, free crappy breakfast. Real nice room, new beds. I'd stay there again. Probably will in a few weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Velosprocket said:
We love the Apache. It's off the main drag, John Wayne stayed there, and you can walk to Milts. Nice pool too.
We are going to Moab for the first time at the end of the month and are going to spend a couple nights at the Apache. Looks totally up my alley! Can't wait! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts