Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my trip to Moab I realized I wished I would have had my SS there. It only took a few months longer before all I wanted was my SS. I wouldn't mind borrowing my big bike back once or twice a year for fun.
Ah, who am I kidding? I love my SS too much. Don't know if I would have made this move on my Dean, but I'd like to think I would try.

Attachments

·
Supersonic Garfield
628 Posts
sweet picture! I am sure you could do it. As long as there's a smooth landing/transition you can hit 3-4 footers on a rigid SS without wrist/lower backpains. Just don't do what I did the other day; Hit a nice 4footer on my rigid SS, accidently clipped out one leg at takeoff and landed on the seat. Results: Huge thighbruise and a bent Thomson Masterpiece.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know what you mean

Just rode Moab last week with the Big Squish and felt that the Vulture SS woulda been just fine, for most rides, EXCEPT for Porcupine Rim. You just wanna go SOOOO fast and it is SOOO bumpy. SlickRock trail is SS doable, but I'd need at least another week of acclimation. One of these years I'll go with 2 bikes, Big Squish and Vulture.

Glad ya had a good time tho!

bike ON

bob

Attachments

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of note:

This pic was taken almost exactly a year ago. I got an ID when I got back from Moab and within 3 months I sold it and my Spicer SS to finance the Dean. I can't think of any trail I wouldn't want my SS on. I even rode it at the Snowshoe freeride park.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Just got back from Moab and rode my SS, granted I was with my wife but I didn't wish I had my other bike once. It's all in the mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.