Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally started looking into going to one or all of these three places about two months ago a decided it would be too hot by Memorial Day weekend. People told me Moab would be like 100 degrees by noon that time of year.

Then a co-worker who was in Zion this past week told me it was unusually cold this year. It rained in Zion and snowed in Bryce. People told him is was unsually cold and wet this year. So I'm wondering if people think it might be cool enough even in the first week in June.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
mtnfiend said:
...too hot by Memorial Day weekend. People told me Moab would be like 100 degrees by noon that time of year.
May shouldn't be too bad. Ride early in the morning or late in the afternoon, and lounge by the pool or soak up the A/C inside the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
moab's gettin warm

Just rode Moab this past weekend (May 14-15). Starting to get warm...it was in the mid 80's which doesn't seem warm, but considering there is no shade and the sun reflects off the rocks its pretty hot. You can still ride it, but like Crash said its more enjoyable early in the morning or in the evening. I would expect high 80's to low 90's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.