Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a rough edit of some of the action during our shop's winter trip. It has been frickin freezing here in Colorado so we headed off Jan. 1, first to Moab then to Sedona. The weather couldn't have been better! Just got back last night, edited this footage today. It's my first video with my new DV cam, so be easy on me! I didn't film the best stuff cause I was having too much fun riding, but here is some fun stuff. It cut off the last 50 secs, which featured Max doing a cool log ride, bastards! I'm on the ano brown spot, KgB (Keith) is on the green RFX/blue spot, Jerry on the ML75, Rob on the Motolite, Troy on the Knolly, and Max on the black RFX. Enjoy, hope it works for everyone!

https://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/noahsears/?action=view&current=Sequence01.flv

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! We rode Moab new years day, it was a balmy 37 degrees. In Sedona it was between about 55-70 almost everyday! That was my first time riding there, it was killer. I only shot 21 mins of video in 8 days, so yeah, I was a bit distracted by riding!

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
thanx noah! that helps a little. this is my 1st weekend/day off in far more than a month and i had planned on ridin with squish. unfortunately, winter has arrived and winter in iowa means windchills in the -25 area. not much fun. so instead, i prepped and assembled the flux kieth sent in preperation of shippin it to my pal in az (coinkydink?) and took candycorn to the motorcycle ice races last night and that was pretty cool but far too cold to wear my new team wyer gulf porsche jacket that finally showed up on friday. for those of ya out of the know, think of the move le mans. its a replica jacket based off the uniform steve mcqueen used in the film and the team used in real life in the 70's.

its been many moons since i rode in sedona. too many. beautiful and fun place to be a rider! is that the desent off chicken point i see in the vid? looks familliar but, as i said, its been awhile. nice work pal. glad you guys had fun rippin the good weather. tell the gang i said hello and ill be back with more kiltlifter if you can find more crab.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Great Vid Noah. Shame you didn't make it over to St. George! Sanchez will be heading to Sedona/South Mountain in April, instead of our usual Moab trip. I can't wait!

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Sedona is sooo much fun. We spent a week there last January enjoying the warm weather and amazing terrain. Your vid reminds me how much I want to go back, good stuff. Here is a shot of my girl enjoying the rocks on her Spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
that first climb in the video

Your video pretty much started out with the short but ridiculously steep climb that I find to be my hardest at Slick Rock (going left at the main fork in the trail, just past that cave up on the right). I've made it just a only a few times and the guy in the vid just blew up that b!tch. How many others made that? Then that climb up out of the sand--I've never made that.

And being a lad from Colorado to go out and ride in shorts and tees in Sedona in January must have been a real treat. Sedona looks like a future destination for a lot of us who saw your fine vid. Thanks.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xcguy said:
Your video pretty much started out with the short but ridiculously steep climb that I find to be my hardest at Slick Rock (going left at the main fork in the trail, just past that cave up on the right). I've made it just a only a few times and the guy in the vid just blew up that b!tch. How many others made that? Then that climb up out of the sand--I've never made that.

And being a lad from Colorado to go out and ride in shorts and tees in Sedona in January must have been a real treat. Sedona looks like a future destination for a lot of us who saw your fine vid. Thanks.
Yeah, that is the climb we like to call "Swiss Cheese" the video doesn't do it justice, I too think it is the hardest to conquer on Slickrock. I can do all the others, but I alwasy end up right where I am shooting from in the video on that climb. I always end up wandering right which leads to certain death, so I gotta quit. I can make the climb out of the sand most times, I liked the way Jerry did it in the video cause he slips a bit, but stays seated and knocks it out. Thats how you do technical climbs ladies and gentlemen.

If you haven't been so Sedona, get goin. So many trails! We rode right from our house in uptown almost everyday! 20+ miles a day for 8 days and very little repeating! There are enough drops to flat to make a homer cream!

Thanks dudes, more videos to come!

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
knollybikes.com said:
Nice music - BT - correct?

I should have been there! Next year!

Cheers!

Noel
You know it Noel! We def. missed yer whisky drinking Canuck butt, aye? Though it was the best sausage fest I've ever been too, next year bring Kira

ebxtreme said:
How's the 5 spot comparing to your old slayer so far? Curious on your thoughts there....

EBX
Well, as you can imagine, the Spot is a better all arounder. However, I was never one to shy away from drops on the Slayer like I am on the Spot. But the tradeoff favors the Spot cause I could have never done as much riding (distance wise) in Sedona as I did had I been on the 35 lb. monster Slayer. I am putting the Magura Wotan on the Spot tomorrow, that should even things up a little in the descending/dropping comparison.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
NoahColorado said:
You know it Noel! We def. missed yer whisky drinking Canuck butt, aye? Though it was the best sausage fest I've ever been too, next year bring Kira
LOL! BTW - it's Eh? not aye?

I'm trying to get Kira to come down to the FFTF! They're be a lot of guys riding with their tails between their legs if they ride with her! Hell, I'LL HAVE to get my ass on my road bike if I'm going to keep up with her - that girl is fit! I'll make you a deal: I'll bring Kira down if you can get Troy to find me a (full and unopened!) bottle of Casta Weber Azul :)

ohpossum:

I think you're right - it's BT, but definitely a remix, though I have no idea by who. The Euro copy of Movement in Still Life is still one of the greatest albums I own - absolutely brilliant from start to finish: "We make some Hits!". Too bad the US version - while having a more structured song format - has no where near the flow. And being MTBers, I think we know how much flow matters!

Cheers!

Noel

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
knollybikes.com said:
LOL! BTW - it's Eh? not aye?
Sorry, I always get pirates and Canadians confused. The song is by "Never Gonna Come Back Down" by BT ft. Mike Doughty (from Soul Coughing). I too like BT, good ridin music. Especially if I'm ridin DH at the resorts, I'll have BT, High Contrast, Roni Size, Hybrid, or some other breakbeat stuff bangin on my iPod. Booyakashaaaaa!

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Just watched your video again

I can lean back from my home office computer and check out the snowpacked streets or I can watch your video again. Video it is. Now that you're back in Colorado it must seem like a dream to have done that much riding on such fine trails in January. I bet it's real tough to stop the flow, check out places to set up your shots then shoot video. To shoot every cool area thoroughly would take days and days of setting up, but you have to ride, that's why you're there. When is the final edit happening and is there any more footage. It's all I got till the trails dry out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.