Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm pulling my hair out up here in Moab due to the current conditions (Cold and Snow). Looking to head down to sedona after a this next week of work (21st-23rd). Ive been to sedona only once before and only rode for a day.

I have two questions:

1) What trails are a must... I'll be on my 6 inch tracer vp and I'm just wondering what the local Favs that youre willing to share with a non-local are. Ive got the cosmic ray book for sedona... but probably like moab has some good stuff not written in it. Any help I can get could turn into a return of a favor for anyone heading into moab.

2) Looking for a good campground... free would be excellent but I doubt there is much of that. Any suggestions? Recommendations?

Thanks for any help I can get! Looking forward to some warmth and singletrack

·
Will Guide for Beer
729 Posts
Free camping can be found on Beaver Head Flat Rd off of Hwy 179. This will put you near the Village of Oak Creek trails. Second free camping option is FR 525 off of 89A (South of Sedona). This is off of the West Sedona trails like Girdner probably known as The Cockscomb Loops in Rays book.

For lodging, I'd suggest the Red Agave, maybe $100/night. Cool place w/ a direct connection to several trails:
===========
www.redagaveresort.com

120 Canyon Circle Drive
Sedona, AZ 86351
(877) 284-9237
===========

As for trails, the Cosmic Ray book will do you fine. If your wanting an epic ride experience, you should hook up with Trail Doc. He knows all and has lots of time on his hands, as he doesn't work. Only rides bikes for a living. If your lucky, he'll post up and be available.

I can ride Thu the 21st if'n you're in the need.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
zul said:
Free camping can be found on Beaver Head Flat Rd off of Hwy 179. This will put you near the Village of Oak Creek trails. Second free camping option is FR 525 off of 89A (South of Sedona). This is off of the West Sedona trails like Girdner probably known as The Cockscomb Loops in Rays book.

For lodging, I'd suggest the Red Agave, maybe $100/night. Cool place w/ a direct connection to several trails:
===========
www.redagaveresort.com

120 Canyon Circle Drive
Sedona, AZ 86351
(877) 284-9237
===========

As for trails, the Cosmic Ray book will do you fine. If your wanting an epic ride experience, you should hook up with Trail Doc. He knows all and has lots of time on his hands, as he doesn't work. Only rides bikes for a living. If your lucky, he'll post up and be available.

I can ride Thu the 21st if'n you're in the need.
I will be heading to Florida soon to do some Marlin fishing then heading up to Georgia to do some Wild Boar hunting so I won't be available until the 24th.

If it doesn't snow ride H.....E, Hangover and the Hogs, Slim Shady, Chuck Wagon and Under the Radar should be OK if it snows. Damifino was excellent today.

TD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.