Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and good day to all!!!

I'm planning a Moab trip in October, maybe end of Sept. Might stay in a motel? :confused: Or a cabin.
We will be renting bikes, always wanted to buy a Tracer, But renting will be just fine.

So, Slickrock trail, Poison Spider, Kokopelli, Bartletts wash, Porcupine rim, Amasa, Sovereign

What can (should) we do while we are there?
2 expert :rolleyes: riders ( I have 18 yrs of MTB exp, and still learning!) But I do belive we are ready.
I must ride red rock.

We are good for 6- 10 hrs a day for a least 3 or 4 days. Hopefully.

Any local guides for hire, or just hook up with a tour? I've been reading up at utahmountainbiking.com ...... lots o' info!

I am Very Excited. I thank you all for any insight into a great week.

:thumbsup:
Adam
 

·
Has skills-will travel
Joined
·
372 Posts
I wish this was a sticky!

Go to utahmountainbiking.com and look at their trail descriptions for Moab and choose what is right for you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
adrock said:
Hello, and good day to all!!!

I'm planning a Moab trip in October, maybe end of Sept. Might stay in a motel? :confused: Or a cabin.
We will be renting bikes, always wanted to buy a Tracer, But renting will be just fine.

So, Slickrock trail, Poison Spider, Kokopelli, Bartletts wash, Porcupine rim, Amasa, Sovereign

What can (should) we do while we are there?
2 expert :rolleyes: riders ( I have 18 yrs of MTB exp, and still learning!) But I do belive we are ready.
I must ride red rock.

We are good for 6- 10 hrs a day for a least 3 or 4 days. Hopefully.

Any local guides for hire, or just hook up with a tour? I've been reading up at utahmountainbiking.com ...... lots o' info!

I am Very Excited. I thank you all for any insight into a great week.

:thumbsup:
Adam
Rock:

I don't know if you have got the news yet, but you might want to try out the Pivot Firebird for a day of riding Hazard Down. The cost
(http://www.poisonspiderbicycles.com/rentals.html) to rent is the same as the Tracer and gives you a little more travel and a superior ride up and downhill.

TD
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right, I think I'll try a Pivot!
Any guess what the weather in the end of September will be? ( ;) how long is a piece of string?)

Where is a good place for a clean room?

Yep, I have been reading at utahmountainbiking.com for a few years, and know which trails the web says I should ride..... I love human knowledge.
looking for quick insight.
So rent a van, rent bikes at PSpider, Ride, Ride,drink, Ride,Ride, drink, repeat.

what does the White Rim 100 miles in a day take?
10 MPH avg should be real easy. :confused:
thanks again.

Ad
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
adrock said:
Your right, I think I'll try a Pivot!
Any guess what the weather in the end of September will be? ( ;) how long is a piece of string?)

Where is a good place for a clean room?

Yep, I have been reading at utahmountainbiking.com for a few years, and know which trails the web says I should ride..... I love human knowledge.
looking for quick insight.
So rent a van, rent bikes at PSpider, Ride, Ride,drink, Ride,Ride, drink, repeat.

what does the White Rim 100 miles in a day take?
10 MPH avg should be real easy. :confused:
thanks again.

Ad
Rock:

I do't know anything about Moab since I am from Sedona (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=511629&highlight=sedona+maybe+a+better). But the trails to ride are the Blue Dot to the Gold Bar Rim trail to the Portal, Hazard down to the Colorado, Amassa Back to Pot Hole to Rock Stacker to Jackson's, the White Rim in day and Repeat.

Weather should be perfect probably around 85.3 degrees in Moab and 73.2 degrees in the LaSals.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Traildoc your pics are Beautiful!!!


I've been to Sedona. Great place for sure! Have not been to Moab (yet).
Thanks Again.
PS> Keep posting the pics please!

Ad RocK
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
adrock said:
Traildoc your pics are Beautiful!!!

I've been to Sedona. Great place for sure! Have not been to Moab (yet).
Thanks Again.
PS> Keep posting the pics please!

Ad RocK
Rock:

I poached the pictures from a very special site: http://www.anthonysloan.com/whiterim1.html .Thought you might enjoy them.

Enjoy,

TD
 

Attachments

·
Clyde
Joined
·
264 Posts
5 Days

Day 1 - Porcupine rim
Day 2 - Sovereign
Day 3 - Colorado River
Day 4 - Porcupine rim
Day 5 - Sovereign
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I've done the white rim three times. It can be done car to car in 12 hrs, which would include a lot of taking pictures as the scenery is awesome. 9hrs of pedal time for an expert rider should be easy. Everytime I've done it, we had slower riders, so a strong group can do it faster.
 

·
Bikes are good
Joined
·
855 Posts
Just made the trip to Moab

Spent most of our time in Grand Junction and Fruita. We liked Grand Junction and Fruita better, but there are definitely cool rides to do in Moab. Take the Coyote Shuttle To Hazard country twice in your 5 days as noted above. We did it two days in a row and I could have gone two runs in a day. It was very cool. IMO, the best ride in the area. After that, Slickrock, and Amasa back, we were ready to hit the CO trails again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I spent 2 weeks in Moab last April...your best deal on a bike rental is here:
http://www.chilebikes.com/
And I looked and called everywhere...plus my brother lives in Moab and he knows
they are the best....unless you have a particular bike in mind.
My second choice would be: http://www.poisonspiderbicycles.com/who.html
I'm strictly going on price/bike/service/and friendliness.
I would also suggest you call now for rentals and rates...bikes are a popular item and
they go/rent fast.

As for trails to ride it really depends on your strength and skill level.
Each shop will give you recommendations.
Also try this site for info:
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/index.php?sid=a85a3901312086f42957462c86c013f0

My advice...ride early before it gets crowded...take nap...ride late...drink at night...repeat.
Good luck and have fun...and take a lot of pictures !!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top