Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm headed up to Moab in a few weeks. Plan on doing lots of shuttled rides. Will have to hook up with a bike shop there. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning bike shops and the shuttle services they run? I know some of you guys have been there. This will be my first time.

Mike

P.S., the Plan:

Day#1: Bartlett
Onion Creek
Day#2: Geminii Bridges

Day#3: Moab Rim Adventure Park

Day#4: Porcupine Rim
Golden Bar Rim

Any thoughts?

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
All of the shops in Moab are excellent, but none of them run shuttles. I would recommend calling Coyote Shuttle, simply because they have the most entertaining vehicles. Acme/Roadrunner do the job as well.

Bartletts and Onion creek are real far apart - prolly an hour drive. I'd say ride the Soveriegn trails in the morning, then hit Bartletts in the afternoon as they are near to each other.

Gemini Bridges is a nice ride to take your grandparents on. Given the other trails you've mentioned, I think you'll be dissapointed.

The Moab Rim park is no more, or at least the lift is no more. I dunno if the stunts are still up there. The rim is still a great ride, use Braney Rubble/Hidden Valley to make it a point-to-point ride.

Slickrock isn't on your list, and if this is your first visit it should be.

Not much in Moab is easily shuttled (unless your shuttle car is a rockcrawler), even Porky has a lot of climbing. Porky will prolly be the only ride you want a shuttle for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
singletrack said:
All of the shops in Moab are excellent, but none of them run shuttles. I would recommend calling Coyote Shuttle, simply because they have the most entertaining vehicles. Acme/Roadrunner do the job as well.

>>>Ok. Thanks for the tip.

Bartletts and Onion creek are real far apart - prolly an hour drive. I'd say ride the Soveriegn trails in the morning, then hit Bartletts in the afternoon as they are near to each other.

>>>Ok.

Gemini Bridges is a nice ride to take your grandparents on. Given the other trails you've mentioned, I think you'll be dissapointed.

>>>Ok again. Good to know this is an easy ride. Might be something my wife might like. I have to do at least one ride that is easy for her sake.

The Moab Rim park is no more, or at least the lift is no more. I dunno if the stunts are still up there. The rim is still a great ride, use Braney Rubble/Hidden Valley to make it a point-to-point ride.

Slickrock isn't on your list, and if this is your first visit it should be.

>>>I'll put it on the list.

Not much in Moab is easily shuttled (unless your shuttle car is a rockcrawler), even Porky has a lot of climbing. Porky will prolly be the only ride you want a shuttle for.
Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.