·
Velo Bling
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Event!

The Yeti/PSB "Thaw 2007" - Feb 17th-19th, 2007

The secret is out. February means great riding in Moab. Join us at
the spring riding season started. Three days of group rides, pancake
breakfasts, HUGE party at the Elks Lodge Saturday the 17th...and more!
Official event poster/flyer.

More Info: http://www.poisonspiderbicycles.com/events.html

Bonus .... Rooms are Cheap.
There's 7 of us heading out on Friday afternooon. Anyone else?

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Sounds like someone is capitalizing on the fact that Chile Pepper is no longer doing their annual President's Day weekend ride/party. Either that or the same guys that organized it are now working at a different shop. Is that the secret?

Oh well, it's a good time regardless of who's claiming it this year. Have fun!

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
ignazjr said:
Sounds like someone is capitalizing on the fact that Chile Pepper is no longer doing their annual President's Day weekend ride/party. Either that or the same guys that organized it are now working at a different shop. Is that the secret?

Oh well, it's a good time regardless of who's claiming it this year. Have fun!
Its a little bit of both. Wes is at PSB now, and last year was announced to be the final Chile Fest.
They like to throw parties in Moab, what can you say?:thumbsup:
I think I'll be there.

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
Anyone going to this? I'm thinking a trip to Moab might be just what the doctor ordered!

Any suggestions on places to stay (okay hotels)?

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
I'm going. I've been staying at the Bowen Inn when motelling down there the past few years. Good location, clean, dog friendly. I get the feeling meth cookers stay elsewhere...thats a plus. You don't have to roll your bike through a lobby or down a hall either.

·
Cycling, FTW!!
478 Posts
I want to go, but I got to wait til the last minute to make up my mind.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
sk8fsster said:
Weather.com is calling for High 50's for the weekend. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The weather's looking better and better. I'm dying to go. We were supposed to go last weekend, but it fell through last minute. This weekend looks even better and I hope I can rally up my crew, but it isn't looking the most hopeful. If anyone's interested in carpooling from Boulder or surroundings, let me know!

_MK

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Spent the weekend in Moab

... just my wife and I. And I did not know of the party so I missed out on it.

We rode Slick Rock (Friday) , Porcupine (Saturday) and Top Of The World (Sunday). Weather was perfect. Slick Rock was deserted. Just a few 4x4 and a moto or two. Some snow on the ascend of Porcupine made it a partial hike. But the descend was a dream.

Beginners mistake: I did not bring a map. Plan was to park at Slick Rock and pedal to the trail head. Well, we did enter into Porcupine 4x4 at the Radio Station and followed the Jeep Trail all the way to Porcupine proper. I was tired right there and then. Up the 4 miles (some walking due to snow) down the long down hill (yeehaaah!), back to Moab and uphill to the car.... If anybody wants to do a real leg burner - I recommend that option.

Took some pictures. But as I am in Dallas right now you need to wait a little.

See you on the trails

1 - 15 of 15 Posts