Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share these for anyone who hasn't been here, perhaps some of the new riders. This was Christmas day. Mcdowell Mtn Park. Not tech, but a nice long ride, get to the end and ride it the other way!

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dirtluvraz said:
Wanted to share these for anyone who hasn't been here, perhaps some of the new riders. This was Christmas day. Mcdowell Mtn Park. Not tech, but a nice long ride, get to the end and ride it the other way!
Couple more to share

Attachments

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,331 Posts
Sanitized :D

Nice pics.....

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
That's Pemberton, for those that might not know. 15.4 mile loop of easy desert singletrack. The best beginner ride...and also a nice training ride for experienced riders to log some miles. Counterclockwise is the best, IMHO.

waltaz

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
waltaz said:
That's Pemberton, for those that might not know. 15.4 mile loop of easy desert singletrack. The best beginner ride...and also a nice training ride for experienced riders to log some miles. Counterclockwise is the best, IMHO.

waltaz
Thanks Walt, kind of stupid on my part to post pics but not say what trail! I forgot to say that. By the way, counterclockwise is the best way to ride it, for sure, but it is nice to ride till you just about cross the road for the last time, turn around and ride it back, if you want distance. The trail is then way different.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
dirtluvraz said:
By the way, counterclockwise is the best way to ride it, for sure, but it is nice to ride till you just about cross the road for the last time, turn around and ride it back, if you want distance. The trail is then way different.
I've only ridden Pemberton clockwise. Am I really missing out on something but not riding it counter clockwise? Perhaps the overall climb out to base of the mountains is easier?

:confused:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umbrous said:
I've only ridden Pemberton clockwise. Am I really missing out on something but not riding it counter clockwise? Perhaps the overall climb out to base of the mountains is easier?

:confused:
It's just a different ride, really the trail seems a lot different. When you go counter, you get the service road part out of the way first, and the rocky ridge part you can fly down instead of climbing up it. Going out Wed if anyone wants to ride. Haven't ever posted a pic of me, but this was the same day as the others, not good, had to hang the camera by a string and use the self timer. If you see me on the trails, say hi. Charcoal Motolite, blue Hope hubs, easy to spot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I like CC for much the same reason and prefer to haul a$$ (...or is it "hall ass"?...) down that rocky service road. Going clockwise down the last sandy trail drives me crazy with its blind spots. There are enough riders clueless about what is coming around that bush or tree.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AZClydesdale said:
I like CC for much the same reason and prefer to haul a$$ (...or is it "hall ass"?...) down that rocky service road. Going clockwise down the last sandy trail drives me crazy with its blind spots. There are enough riders clueless about what is coming around that bush or tree.
So, I guess the "hall" thing isn't going to be forgotten? I hope I don't get sued! Guess I never did mention any names, or even a gender!

As for down the long sandy part, I know what you mean. Have had a few very near almost head-ons from riders swerving all over and not watching ahead.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
I like doing Pemberton clockwise because I like doing the scenic route detour near the very end of the Pemberton loop. How many have done this detour? I also do that clockwise, and although the end of the scenic route loop is sandy, the first 3/4 are way cool.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dirdir said:
I like doing Pemberton clockwise because I like doing the scenic route detour near the very end of the Pemberton loop. How many have done this detour? I also do that clockwise, and although the end of the scenic route loop is sandy, the first 3/4 are way cool.
Ridden that quite a few times, it is officially called "Scenic Trail", adds 3.4 miles to the ride. I've honestly never ridden it clockwise, when I ride it, I start Pemberton counter, then veer off around that trail. There is about 1/2 mile sandy wash to follow, but then the climb is fun, and even coming down the other way is nice. Next time I will try it clockwise though.

·
Registered
999 Posts
dirtluvraz said:
Ridden that quite a few times, it is officially called "Scenic Trail", adds 3.4 miles to the ride. I've honestly never ridden it clockwise, when I ride it, I start Pemberton counter, then veer off around that trail. There is about 1/2 mile sandy wash to follow, but then the climb is fun, and even coming down the other way is nice. Next time I will try it clockwise though.
I like Pemberton CC and Counter CC - both are fast fun rides.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
dirtluvraz said:
It is very fun bombing down the back side of the hill on the Scenic Trail.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
another side trail

y'all should try bombing down twisty bluffs/granite single track. :)

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
kaboose said:
y'all should try bombing down twisty bluffs/granite single track. :)
That is fun too. Shortens the loop, but fun. I did it clockwise with my kid on the trail-a-bike with Phantom Mushroom's group.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts