Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put new shiny bike parts on my bike and took it for a New Year's ride. Rode solo since I didn't have much time to be away from home.

The trail was in superb condition and so was the bike.

Up close and personal with the new front end:

New stuff consists of a Chris King headset, Tompson stem, Easton bar, Pace carbon fork (lovely, smooths out the bumps well, almost like a suspension fork), Avid discs, and DT wheel (240S hub with DT rima nd spokes).

She rides beautifully!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Cool

Santa was very good to you. I took my coal out for a ride but it all leak out the hole in my pocket. So Now I have no xmas gift left. But had a nice ride and was way lighter come home to I found some low life biker that broke his chain and left it in the trail. Ok for who ever it was I pack it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I hate you.....

You people who live out west and your nice DRY trails. :p I didn't even take my bike over Christmas break this yr since it's been raining almost the whole time. Where I was it would've been more trouble than it was worth and done alot of trail damage.

Serously though, those some nice parts ya got dare. :D I just went disk myself this yr (or last yr I should say) and love the mech. May you and your ride share many happy hours together.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Ok I'm probably seeing things but in the second picture above the detail shown in the third shot looks like a hole in the carbon? or is it just a clamp or something?

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
archer said:
Ok I'm probably seeing things but in the second picture above the detail shown in the third shot looks like a hole in the carbon? or is it just a clamp or something?
I'd say it's a zip tie to hold the brake cable down. The 'hole' is the head of the zip tie.

Kn.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
K'Endo said:
I'd say it's a zip tie to hold the brake cable down. The 'hole' is the head of the zip tie.

Kn.
BONG BING!
Now why didn't I see that?
The 'hole' looks to be the shadow under the head of the tie to me now that I know what I'm looking at.
DOH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts