Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pure Evil
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My THE One showed up today, I'm super impressed with the craftsmanship and attention to detail. Was about to pick up a D2, but I've always liked my THE knee/shin guards and when I saw their new graphics I had to have one. Mine weighs 1078g, which is a little heavier then I was expecting, but that's still more then 100g lighter then my old remedy, and TLD's always seemed a bit too light to me anyway. I couldn't find many good shots of this graphics pack so I thought I'd upload a few pics, the helmet bag is mighty nice too. Only problem is I won't get to use it for another 6 months :madman:

Attachments

·
Pure Evil
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BIKESerFUN said:
A helmet can be "Too Light"? please reiterate.
maybe I'm wrong I guess its just a gut feeling thing. Anyway I'm happy with my decision. Plus everyone and their mom has a TLD lid, its nice to be a little different.

·
外国人
412 Posts
hehehe just received my THE One composite helmet last night from JensonUSA too but it did not have the helmet bag.

i had a D2 before and i can say that i LOVE the FIT on the THE wayyy better; on the D2 i felt my head was digging into the foam.

·
Registered
456 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
You offered up your helmets weight in grams. That in itself is gay, but it is a really cool helmet.
how else dose one weigh helmets? ounces? fu(k no! we ain't rock climbers fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I gotta pee
335 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
You offered up your helmets weight in grams. That in itself is gay, but it is a really cool helmet.
It's ok dude. I remember my first day too... Since you aparently have zero knowledge of weight or how helmet manufacturers weigh the products his new helmet weighs in at 2.37 pounds, and for future refrence 1 pound is equal to 453 grams:thumbsup:

edit: SIck helmet my man, i just ordered a composite Empire.. Can you snap a few pics of the inside of the helmet when you get a chance. Thanks in advance

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Hey let me know what you think TA about the THE One versus the Remedy, mostly I would like to know which breathes better......I've been looking at the THE for awhile but I keep thinking it won't vent as well as my Remedy and I don't wanna throw down $300 on a helmet I won't use, thanks.

·
Pure Evil
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll take a few pics of the inside after work tonight. can't tell you too much about the ventilation vs a remedy yet, the remedy does have a few more vents, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make. The vents in the front of the chin are much larger then those of the remedy. The One also has some really nice details, like filter foam behind the vents in the chin to help reduce dust, the mesh covering the vents is also much more secure then the remedy. They also include an extra matching visor with the helmet which is awesome because visors are always the first thing to go to hell on my lids. As far as fit goes I really like the fit of the THE, I have a S and M pad kit and I think I'll be using some of the pads out of the S kit to dial in the fit. The weight difference between the two is also very apparent. I'll be keeping my remedy around for when I have to ship my helmet with bikes, my THE will be my carry on helmet.

As far as the trek stickers go, I like to represent my hood....

·
Registered
312 Posts

I will also say that they are very nice helmets too, I almost wish I waited for this seasons designs but this is still a very nice helmet much lighter than my troy lee moto helmet. It has a few rides on it and it has been fairly comfortable, now I am waiting on my THE shinguards so I don't have to borrow my buddies pads when we go riding. I never really knew how popular THE helmets really were until just recently.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
I couldn't help it and already pulled the trigger on the THE, I wear a Large Remedy so I went with an XL THE carbon one, I'm stoked for it to get here now! So TA you ride for trek or work for them or something? I was lucky enough to bump into Jose and Greg of the forward design team here in St.George Utah with the rest of the engineer guys from Madison, and to be their guide out at Gooseberry Mesa.......awesome fellas, great riders, and uber super passionate about designing and building great bikes! I was on my "XC" rig ( 08 Bullit) and they were on some of their new designs, addressing the fact that I was on big bike they mentioned that they had something in the works for taking their new susp design to a big bike..............proof that they know what they're doing, and do it well is the session 88, and the redbull rampage won on it........I now ride a Titus El Guapo (I'm into the smaller brands) but those new 88's are tempting.......Maybe one day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.